Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I need to use my Gasser more often...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I need to use my Gasser more often...

Been using my charcoal grills almost exclusively. Went to use my gasser and it smelled funny when I lit the burner

Attached Files

Nice!

Comment

Bird or rodent?

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume mice but the nest was empty. I fired it up to high heat after I pulled it out and let it run to sanitize it.

Wow. So rats or some other rodent has been living in your grill. NICE!

I had a spell a long time ago when a rat out in the yard would climb up into my old Genesis via the grease catch pan and into the bottom to eat burnt scraps. I was able to catch the rat in the act a couple of times and intentionally lit the grill up to see how fast it could escape.

Some rat bait around the back of the house, and keeping the grill covered seemed to take care of the issue. Plus with Grillgrates installed, hardly anything falls down into the grill now.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Feral cats in the neighborhood, plus my cat who likes to rub on my Genesis and hide under the cover to watch the birds... no rats near my grills.

Looks like a missed opportunity for an appetizer.

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Low and slow mice kebabs

Spatchcocked rat is pretty much a delicacy in Asia....

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve eaten squirrel but rat gives me pause

• jgreen
        jgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure I could get my head around that.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Many years ago, was traveling through Asia, and there was a news story about rural Cambodia, where a famine had led them to eat the cats... so they had a ton of rats. So, they ate the rats. Having eaten the rats, excess snakes... so, grilled snake on the menu.

This was in 2004.

Or we could go with their second cousins, the roasted guinea pigs. South Americans love these suckers....

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Supposed to be very tasty

OMGoodness. Smoked and grilled rodents. Not going on to my "Stuff I Want to Smoke/Grill" list. But the photos are great, Troutman .

Kathryn

Comment

Can't say they do anything for me either, I'll stick to the usual suspects when smoking

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here