Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A week that wasn't A Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A week that wasn't A Gas

It took a week of checking everyday to see if the Last Chance tent was up and running. The first 3 days the same answer "Probably Tomorrow". I didn't bother going into the parking lot to check if it was open every other day, just drove down the road where I could see the entrance part and drove on.
    I needed to pick up a few things from the store today and it still wasn't open / operational but the tent entrance section was not sealed up like usual. Looked like access had been gained.
    Got hold of a manager who listened to my what must have seemed like a sob story.
    Made a call and told me they would get the item from the tent and leave it at the store entrance reception.

Eventually tracked it down in the outdoor department to find the display item. A different manager and I explained I wanted one of the new ones in a box not the floor model. Without wasting time explaining what transpired, like we wasted trying to find a boxed one, the bottom line is they were no longer.
    I was pretty upset by this time knowing what I'd been through the padt week especially that I did not really need one. But this was a steal of a deal that I didn't think I'd see again and ended up convincing myself to just do it.
    The first time it caught my attention it was priced at R4700.00 and when I saw it reduced to R3990.00 a few days later is when I started the justifying it thing.

So now we have the floor model and he's telling me the price is R4700.00.
    I mentioned above I was upset but by now I was even further down the path. I had not shown my frustration (learning as I age this doesn't pay sometimes).
    Again skipping all the details only to say I got the gasser for R3700.00.

I feel all this kind of put a damper on the whole thing and I wasn't as excited as I was expecting to be. May be I'm just a whinger. I have no problem assembling things so I was also looking forward to that.
    There is a small scratch on the lid but everything's okay otherwise. Did a burn in and a burger cook.
    My daughter asked me "Do you love it". I didnt answer immediately and the wife chimed in "They still getting to know each other"

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_161031.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	752136

Name:	20191005_171434.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	752137

Name:	20191005_171528.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	752138

You’re not only a whinger but a whiner too. That thing is BIG & a beauty. Now start cookin! 🕶

Oh, do you love it? Huh?
    Last edited by FireMan; October 5, 2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      so bad

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      So true.

So, you ended up getting the floor model for less than your previous deal of R3990.00 for a boxed one? Even if it is scratch and dent, not too bad. I hope you enjoy it. Looks very nice.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I did want to assemble myself though. All's good I'll get over myself. I assume the book still not arrived?

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      It hasn't arrived yet, I'll let you know when it does.

After a few cooks, all will be good.

Comment

Great cooker congrats. To bad the store gave you such a run around but you still got a deal.

Comment

Burn baby burn! Congrats!

Comment

Great looking gasser but I’d still like to see a "that sucks" button in addition to "like". 🤨

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here