Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Somerset IV 4-Burner Outdoor Gas Range--A Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I am very impressed. Very. Review coming soon!

• NapMaster
    commented on 's reply
    Uncle Bob Thanks for that info.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    I’m feeling you. Am considering a spirit or genesis but I’m liking the stove next to the Blackstone. I’ll move it to the middle of the lawn if need be. Darn outdoor cooking and MCS.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Willard Legacy Series "Fish Pan" by Lodge. It’s a great pan!

• Willard
    commented on 's reply
    I like the fish pan. Bayou Classic?

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    I recently acquired a Grilla Silverbac
    Awesome! And as they say in Grilla land, "Welcome to the jungle"!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Great update/review. Now I want one of those & a griddle too. I recently acquired a Grilla Silverbac so my deck is getting full as it is! Love the idea of keeping deep fry stink out of the house.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    So, the CC ci griddle has two sides (as others do) and for dinner tonight, flip that baby over and...…...…………..it's Cuban sandwich time!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cgrover60
    commented on 's reply
    Glad that was helpful fzxdoc. I fired my little two burner up on Fathers Day with an oversize griddle for a 3 lb bacon and 20 hash brown patty cook and it's still going strong.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Do you smoke your wings before tossing them in the fry pan, @HouseHomey?

Kathryn

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Very nice! Congrats on your new toy.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Wings with tip removed and sliced at the joint without cutting through

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc What you see there is 5lbs of lard and 12 ”Wings ala Rempe.” I would start with half depending on how you like to fry. Also consider more protein and harder temp flux. 2nd pic is 8lbs but was too much
    Last edited by HouseHomey; June 18, 2019, 11:36 AM.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Never even gave it a thought. Thanks for the tip, HouseHomey . Looks like a good idea. Would I fill it only 1/2 full with the grease like I do with my dutch oven?

Kathryn

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    Kathryn will likely have some terrific pictures down the road, but for now I'll submit a mundane example of a couple smash sliders I did for lunch today on the ci griddle atop the Somerset IV. Only took a few minutes to get the griddle up to around 440 degrees, a point that seems to put a nice crust on the meat in a matter of a couple minutes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here