Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good outdoor gas cooktop/range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Update:

I don't have an RV, but I have to say again, after using my Somerset IV on my deck for several weeks now, that it's amazing. Great BTU output, easy to clean, 4 burners -- nothing not to like about it. Plus I get to cook outdoors, which is the most fun of all.

I ended up having it hooked up to the propane line in our house, so I don't have to mess with propane tanks.

I considered having a splatter guard/backsplash made for it, but I'm able to pull it far enough away from the house for use that no grease spatters reach the siding. So I jettisoned off that idea.

I highly recommend the Camp Chef Somerset IV Outdoor Gas Range. It also looks great on my deck--more classy--not so "campy" looking as their other gas range models.

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Great endorsement! If they only made one with 60,000 BTU or higher burners, it would be great for my brewing hobby... Even 30,000 BTU's is not enough when dealing with a 15 gallon pot, and 12-13 gallons of liquid. Not unless you like waiting for hours for a boil... As it stands I wouldn't mind having one of these bad boys out back some day.

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen sister, it rocks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here