Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-seize for grill assembly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-seize for grill assembly?

Has anyone ever used anti-seize for the bolts on a gas grill during assembly? Either food-grade or automotive? When I recently tried to replace the burners on my ~8 year old Weber, what bolts didn't shear off, had to be cut off and everything re-drilled.

Since an opportunity came by for a new grill, I was wanting to avoid this problem in -- hopefully -- several years by putting some anti-seize compound on the screws.

Thoughts?

If you want something food grade I know loctite has one rated to about 700 degrees and a few others have some good to about 2000 degrees. A quick search on Amazon or the like should give you several to choose from.
    If you are not worried about food grade I would look at a copper based anti-seize. We use to use cooper based on merchant ships boilers and they worked.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Copper based also use on jet engines.

• tmaan235
      tmaan235 commented
      Editing a comment
      Copper always beats nickel base. I have both and defer to copper most of the time.
      I'm wondering about the continuous onslaught of dry heat though. Would you need to repeat the application every year or two?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here