Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cal Flame NG Conversion Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cal Flame NG Conversion Issue

Several years ago I bought a Cal Flame P4 grill. I ran it off of propane for a few years. Last summer I had a gas line installed and converted the grill to NG. I can't get the grill to light, it does smell like gas when the burners are on, but they won't light.

I used Cal Flame's conversion kit BBQ007101045. I added the supplied regulator and installed the four 1.9 mm main burner orifices. I have reviewed the instructions several times, removed, inspected and reinstalled 3 of the 4 orifices (Using pipe thread compound for gas). I verified that the regulator oriented correctly. I have turned on the burners, opened the grill to make sure all the air was out of the flex line. Finally, I have held a grill lighter next to each burner and turned it on, but none of them will light.

The only ideas I have is maybe there isn't enough pressure in the gas line? When I tested the grill all over gas applicances where off (Except the hot water heater). Could the regulator is bad (Hard to believe)?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Black99vette; July 28, 2022, 03:59 PM.

Call the gas company?
    Maybe the regulator needs to be set or reset. That happened with a gas grill I had before I switched to a pellet pooper.

Comment

Good news! I made a call to the Cal Flame tech support and they suggested removing the quick connect and flex line I installed and replace it with CSST (Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing). After a two trips to the hardware store (I bough two female connectors and one male - I know better than that!) the grill fired right up!

Home Depot: Store SKU #699837
      Last edited by Black99vette; August 4, 2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here