Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Triumph 410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Triumph 410

I decided to get a Napoleon Triumph 410 to replace my burned out chargriller. I was on the fence with one of the Char Broil models in an earlier post. The TrueIR really seemed intriguing and I was close to pulling the trigger on it. However, after looking at one, it looked like cleaning the IR grates was going to be a pain. I’m getting lazy at my old age….

Wanting a side burner, I was also interested in the Weber Spirit. After seeing both, I was on the fence, once again, as they both seemed to be built very similar. I then came across a Napoleon Triumph 410 on sale at WallyWorld that added more confusion in my MCS. Luckily, I had the opportunity to check out all three units at my two local big box stores. The Napoleon won.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nap4.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	911926

Name:	Nap3.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	911927
    I have since used it several times and I have no buyer’s remorse. It heats up pretty darn fast and maintains the heat quite well and even. With two Smoke probes set on the upper rack on the L/R sides they were within 5 degrees of each other once the box got to temp. The stock thermo was only 10 degrees off too, though it took a little time to get there after stabilizing.

I like that both shelves collapse for a smaller footprint. The one downside in using the included cover is that both shelves need to be collapsed before putting the cover on. No big deal. The unit looks well with the stainless and has a pretty good sized cooking space. The enameled grates are easy to cook on and the sear plates provide ample area to minimize flare ups and produce some good smoke to the cook. Looks like I will be gassing more than usual in the upcoming weeks!

Cheers

Nice lookin machine! Congrats!!

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

I have been enjoying this gasser for many months now. It heats up pretty good and hot and cooks well. The only issue I have with it, which I have also had with other gassers is the drop in direct heat in between the diffusers. However, it's less noticeable with this one than others I have had. I just bought a set of grill grates to put down on the grill.

From what I can tell, it looks like these will distribute the heat a little more evenly.

Review forthcoming....

Comment

Nice looking cooker. Congrats!

Comment

Those are nice grills. I recently use a built in one and I was pretty impressed with it. They were nice.

Comment

Is a darn nice looking gasser. Awesome that you were able to kick the tires on each one before the purchase. That pretty even heating across the grates is a huge plus.

Comment

So, I really do like the wavy pattern of the Napoleon grills. However, being a gasser, it still has some temperature gradients from in between the burners and the usual sides of the grill. As far as gassers go, this is probably the best that I have had though. I wanted to try out some Grill Grates to distribute the heat more effectively. I got some off the shelf grates and only needed to do some minor grinding to get an exact fit. These work great and the increase in temp is definitely noticeable.

Name:	Grate 1.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	993584

Name:	Grate 2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	993585

Name:	Grate 3.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	993586

Since the chops, I have grilled several times and these are really worth their weight.
                I haven't flipped them over for flat grilling, I have a Blackstone for that, though I do see the convenience of only using one cooker when I'm on the grill. Heck, I tossed in some pellets for the chops and had a nice smokey flavor to them. These are going to work out great.

Comment

I've been enjoyin yer Napolean journey, thanks fer takin us all along...

Comment

Cool! Didn’t know they made this. I have the Rogue. Have been extremely happy with it. I to got the grill grates but ditched em after a few cooks. I just can’t get used to em, especially the cleaning of em & one more thing to lift up when I’m puttin in the smoke tube.

Comment

I have the same one as the OP. Great little gasser and the side burner is fierce!

Comment

How are you liking this grill so far? I was using a Napoleon built-in when I was in Costa Rica and it was really nice. I lifted the grates and added some local coffee wood to the burners for some extra flavor and it was awesome. These tomahawks were great!

Name:	63323300377__8D5C38A1-63FC-4821-92B9-5C3D49DA9137.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	993760

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here