Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to replace the sear burner grate with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to replace the sear burner grate with?

The review for the Prestige 500 RSIB suggests replacing the cast iron grate on the sear burner with something thinner.
    This Napoleon Prestige 4-Burner Gas Grill is a sweet looking cooker, built solid with a few nice extras thrown in. We tested and reviewed this quality gasser and awarded our AmazingRibs.com Best Value Platinum Medal. Stainless steel cook box, cart, doors and side shelves with a heavy gauge steel lid competitive with Weber's Summit.

Does anyone have suggestions what? It looks like Napoleon makes a steel replacement, though it’s not super thin:
    With stunning performance, balanced design & superior customer service, we are committed to offering the best Napoleon gas grills, BBQ grills, and fireplaces. The hearth division of Napoleon manufactures gas and electric fireplaces, wood burning stoves, mantels, log sets, and outdoor heating products such as fire tables.

Has anyone tried shelling out for this?
    Thanks!

Oops, sorry...
    Wrong door

Comment

Not the grill I have but mine has a sear plate side burner on it as well. I would use nothing but the black iron plate on mine. Just curious, why do they say replace it?

Comment

Heavy cast iron tends to leave visually nice marks, but grillmarked area burns before the space in between the grates gets any of that maillard goodness. Here’s their rationale: https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...hould-not-flip

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here