Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking...the grill crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking...the grill crack

Today I went to Brandsmart because they have Napoleon grills in stock. I saw the prestige pro 500RSIB.

I drove away with an empty truck bed, but it almost happened. I really like how this thing looks. The light up knobs are a gimmick, but still cool. The inside lights will actually be useful, I grill a lot after sundown. I like the side table maranade bucket / beer ice bucket thing (also a gimmick but a useful one). 4 burners is what I want. The side IR burner is....there. I will certainly use it. The sidewalls are cast aluminum, with a stainless steel drip pan and stainless steel grease tray. The entire cart is stainless steel. This is important for me because south FL - my current gas grill is on its last legs mainly because rust.

i would rather see thinner stainless steel grill grates, but I can live with the ones included.

The head scratcher for me is fhe rear "infrared" burner. The legend series (less expensive grade) has a ceramic rear burner. The Prestige Pro (flagship series) has a standard gas burner tube with a stainless steel heat plate in front of it. One would think the opposite would be the case....but whatever.

I just neee to measure the existing grill one more time to see if the prestige pro will fit.

I *really* should not have gone to Brandsmart today.
    ​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	44775893-57A7-4897-B181-02D165DA3857.jpeg
Views:	287
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	529238

Something tells me you are going back in the very near future. 👊🏻

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      He's already in the truck

Ah ha yessir that’s a beauty, lights on the inside?!? Is the rotisserie included?

Comment

I'd get it just for the blue lights..

Blue lights flashin' on my grill view; the sheriff said, "boy I should have known it was you, you got 16 burgers on this Grill, I warned you twice now I'm writing you up," I said, "officer what have I done?" He smiled and said, "boy you cookin' too much meat."

Too much meat what's that mean? It's like too many grills, there's no such thing; like a brisket too fatty, with too much flavor, bag of French Fries, with too much tator...

No matter what they say I cooked, I ain't never cooked too much meat.....give me the grills and let me cook......I ain't never cooked too much meat.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Badges, who needs meat badges??

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatever you are consuming....can I buy a half ounce?

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol!

Rotisserie kit is included. But no cover. I have a feeling I can get them to include one though. Just gotta flash the plastic.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe you are on your way back. 😃
        Show us the pics when you get it home.

That's a great price. I just wrote a check for 2049.00 for the same grill.

My understanding of the rear rotisserie burner is that the tube and vee-bar spreads the heat over a wider (left to right) area than a ceramic infrared, even though the ceramic might be hotter. In my mind, rotisserie is more about low and slow than max temperature...we'll see. I also had a tough time talking myself into the Pro model over the regular Prestige. I liked the heavier cooking grate, the stainless grate on the IR side burner and the inside lights. The cabinet has a little nicer hardware and I like the idea of fixed shelves instead of folding.

Edited to Add:

Did anyone show you the difference in the rotisserie motors between the the Prestige and the P-Pro? The regular one looks like a toy compared to the Pro version. I'm sure they both can spin a bird, but just like buying cars...nothing beats horsepower.
      Last edited by JEFinCLE; July 8, 2018, 02:38 PM. Reason: Edited to Add

Comment

No. In fact the floor model had the wrong rotisserie motor attached. You couldn’t close the cover for the cutting board / bucket.

But for demo purposes that doesn’t matter.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          I've noticed some stores deliberately make it so the lids won't close. I'm guessing it is so some bored kid doesn't take out his frustrations on them.

Originally posted by SmokeyGator View Post
        Today I went to Brandsmart because they have Napoleon grills in stock. I saw the prestige pro 500RSIB.

I drove away with an empty truck bed, but it almost happened. I really like how this thing looks. The light up knobs are a gimmick, but still cool. The inside lights will actually be useful, I grill a lot after sundown. I like the side table maranade bucket / beer ice bucket thing (also a gimmick but a useful one). 4 burners is what I want. The side IR burner is....there. I will certainly use it. The sidewalls are cast aluminum, with a stainless steel drip pan and stainless steel grease tray. The entire cart is stainless steel. This is important for me because south FL - my current gas grill is on its last legs mainly because rust.

i would rather see thinner stainless steel grill grates, but I can live with the ones included.

The head scratcher for me is fhe rear "infrared" burner. The legend series (less expensive grade) has a ceramic rear burner. The Prestige Pro (flagship series) has a standard gas burner tube with a stainless steel heat plate in front of it. One would think the opposite would be the case....but whatever.

I just neee to measure the existing grill one more time to see if the prestige pro will fit.

I *really* should not have gone to Brandsmart today.
        ​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	44775893-57A7-4897-B181-02D165DA3857.jpeg
Views:	287
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	529238
        gator, I have that one exactly . very happy. the rear inferred is an upgrade and will last longer trouble free than ceramic. I wish the sear station was similar.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
          SmokeyGator commented
          Editing a comment
          So there is a reason for having a standard burner for the rotisserie. I figured as much, I just couldn’t think of what that reason might be. I would likely use the side IR burner to superheat some small cast iron flats that my in laws procured from a closed down resrurant that they were hired to clean out.

Heyyyyyy Smokeyyyyyy, c’mon baaaack. Take another look, you’ll liiiike what ya seeee. 😎

Comment

It’s a 99% probably I will go back. I can always apply for more interest free credit.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Are ya still in their parkin lot? Or were ya able to go on home?
            Had to be tough!

Nope. Home. I left and didn’t post anything until I was safely at the MIA Brewery in Doral. About 10 miles away from the grill crack.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Wisely played, brother!

Cool-headed thinkin...

Just make sure the grill grates aren't bent on the one you get...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here