Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Burn In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Burn In

To all of you seasoned Napoleon owners I would love any feedback. I am about to do my initial burn to get the grill ready for cooking. Any suggestions other than the standard info from the manual? Best practices, length, which burners need it, etc. With the money spent on this, I want to ensure I do it as right possible to set up for all the future successes!

I don't have one but our FireMan should be able to help.

Comment

Follow the instruckshuns, the makers aren’t in the business of steering you wrong. Then, just cook em Danno, I mean put that beauty to work and cook a feast.

Comment

Cook a loaf of white bread.

Comment

clean grates with scrapper and de greaser.

Comment

After following the manufacturer’s instructions you might want to find out where the hotspots and cool-spots are. A quick toast test will help. Lay out white bread slices across the grates, set all the burners to the same setting and toast the slices. Hotspots will be darker toast while lighter toast means, of course, cooler areas. It will help you find those areas where you might need to rotate the food in and out while cooking.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              One of th onliest things white bread is any good for, imce

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones I like white bread. I think it is because the little Sunbeam girl was probably my first crush as a small boy.🙂

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here