Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Want a new gasser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbraundds
    replied
    Thanks so much GolfGeezer! Truly appreciate the advise. Sounds like you have seen your share of grills! I'm thinking that the Napoleon Pro will win in my book. The phantom is cool with the cast ss grates, but really not needed with the IR Sear Station. I'll update once I make the purchase!

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    I recently bought a Napoleon Prestige Pro 500 RSIB and I am very, very happy with it. I had a Weber Summit 450 that needed a lot of work (it got thrown around by a big storm), and I also really wanted an IR burner for searing. The Weber line has changed a lot, most notably the steel quality is no longer 304 SS. Weber also has a funky design for a sear station in the center of the grilling area formed by adding a smaller burner between 2 main burners - not infrared (IR).

So, I went really high end with a Hestan Aspire. Hated it (review thread posted in Gas Grills section). To replace that, I checked out Weber, Blaze, Summerset, Fire Magic and a few others before settling on the Napoleon. I found a local dealer that had all the ones I was interested in, including the Napoleon line. Went several times, checked out the quality, the features and the warranties for them all. Napoleon came out on top for me. In particular, the Pro had all the cooker functions I wanted (IR sear station, IR rear burner with included rotisserie, lighted interior - as well as a well designed cart that uses a slide-out tray for the propane tank (great for old folks like me!) and several shelves built-in. Be aware that those cart features are only in the Prestige pro line, not the Phantom or non-Pro models.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Jbraundds
    replied
    Thanks so much for all of the sage advice! I’m going to have to kick some tires and try and get a hands on look at the Napoleon models. I’ve been reading reviews from Max and checking out YouTube as well just to get a sense of these gassers together. There is a dealer out in Colorado called blazing embers that does some pretty amazing comparison vids for anyone interested. Again, thanks so much and I’ll repost when I’ve pulled the trigger!!!

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I have a Weber Summit and while it is a fine grill, Napoleon is very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    replied
    I have a 2005 Weber Summit Platinum that is still going strong. Best gasser I’ve ever used. And I’ve used a bunch.

But... (There’s always a but. LOL)

They seemed to have changed several things since I got mine. Not the least of which is the grade of stainless used to build it. That may or may not be serious issue. But I’ve not seen a lesser grade look like mine 16 years later.

Given that...and some of the troubles they’ve had with recent products...I’d have to take a SERIOUS look at other brands. (Keep in mind, along with the 2005 Summit gasser, I also own a Summit Charcoal Grilling Center.)

Presently, I think that I would have to look at a Napoleon Prestige Pro if I needed to replace my gasser. Perhaps the Weber is still fantastic...but these days, there are enough questions that I would need to consider other brands.
    Last edited by surfdog; May 2, 2021, 10:41 PM. Reason: Clarity

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I know. Sometimes when you’re retired you think everyone can just pack up n go. I truly appreciate your service to our country and you, in general. I’m a helicopter freak anyway. Love our Military!
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 3, 2021, 04:55 AM.

• RickyBobby
    replied
    Panhead John , brother, not long ago I was super close!!!! I only moved to Indy from the Houston metroplex last July. I haven’t completely ruled it out yet, but there are a whole lot of irons in the fire at work right now and I’m not certain I would be able to commit To the meat up right now. The good news is that I know this will not be the last meat up that I have an opportunity to meat everybody at!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    RickyBobby Sir. You need to come to our damn Texas Meat-Up. I want to meet you. I know you’re a long way away, but still. We gonna have fun.
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 2, 2021, 09:00 PM.

• RickyBobby
    replied
    Wow. I DO NOT envy your decision! Lol. I have a Weber Genesis gasser and have been very happy with it. Sadly, I have zero experience with comparable gassers. All of my lprevious grills were cheap-o, house brand, mass produced pits that Came from big box stores. I will be following very closely to see where you end up and how happy you are!!!! FWIW, I love my genesis. I will absolutely NEVER be without a gasser again! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Did you read the reviews on the free side? I think only two including one Weber get the Platinum rating, but in that price range there are lots of great grills.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    There is something to be said about the Weber & it’s fans and the Blaze & it’s fans. I have a Napoleon Rogue, love it. Ended up placing most of my trust in our own Max who gave it the best grades. There is some other outfit out of Minnesota, who did a one to one to one test & he went with the Napoleon. Customer service is as good as Weber, construction just a little better, plus functional style. Then there is the secret weapon, the side IR burner.

Leave a comment:

• Jbraundds
    started a topic Help! Want a new gasser.

Help! Want a new gasser.

I’m looking closely at the new Napoleon phantom 500 with the cast ss grates. I’d like to go bigger, perhaps the 665 prestige or pro. Budget is about 3k. Worth the cash to go Napoleon or should I look at Blaze or Weber? Have a 2007 Weber 320? Now with the top controls and side burner. Rebuilt twice, second time having to drill thru the cast aluminum to secure burners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here