Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New gasser quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New gasser quest

I'm looking for a new gasser to replace my old Char-griller 5050 combo unit. It has nickled and dimed to to the point of wanting a new one. I already have a Rec Teq smoker and a Blackstone. I typically use my current grill for quick cooks and a lot for baking CI dishes and such, along with some pizzas and routinely use the side burner. Price range is less than $500 if possible. I'm looking at a 4 burner with a side burner and a cabinet underneath would be great. Good heating is also a plus.

At the moment, I seem to be "sold" on the Char Broil 4 burner with side and the TruIR 3 burner with side

4 burner gas
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-...ner/1000523559

TruIR

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-...ner/1001462424

I looked at Nexgrills and their reviews didn't seem all that great. I would love a Weber, but at the moment it's a bit out of my price range. The IR unit seems to have a pretty decent warranty with it. I haven't seen much for review comparisons between the IR and traditional. I'm not sure that it's worth the extra cost....

Anyone have any different opinions?
    Last edited by Rocinante; August 11, 2020, 05:35 PM.

I had the TruIR in the 3 burner model. Loved it. But it ended up with my son. Long story on that. But he has also loved it since he got it a few years ago.

Comment

Check FB Marketplace and Craigslist for a fancy Weber or Napoleon used. Also, you can typically find some great deals on new in another month or so, but hard to say if that will actually happen this year. I’m guessing grill sales have been stronger than usual this year so not as much to clear out before winter. Depends how anxious you are. I find it hard to beat Weber for the price to value ratio. My first Silver A lasted me 18 years and was still running strong with new grates and flavorizer bars when I sold it for $80. I don’t have any hands on with CharBroil, but the neighbors I know with them get a few years before replacing them.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        After rereading that, I’m not trying to knock Char Broil, just suggesting you might see if you can snag something with a reputation for lasting longer. I’d definitely take a Char Broil over a NexGrill. Though the Weber Spirit E-330 is only about 100 over your limit and has side burner, 3 burners plus a sear burner.

Have you explored our searchable equipment reviews? https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi..._value%5B%5D=3

Comment

Thanks all for the input. I definitely will be holding off until Labor day and keeping tabs on the local inventory.

Comment

Rocinante I ended up getting a $899 Weber Genesis II E-410 for $399 because I watched it drop from $899->$699 at the end of August, then by November it was $599, then by January they had one left, out in the garden section of Home Depot where no one goes in winter, for $399. The local Home Depots seem to do any floor stock clearance sales starting in August around here. I never saw any Weber gas grills go on sale at Lowe's right next door. And Home Depot in my experience, aside from the $50 off sale Weber had a month or two, never puts any 2 or 3 burner Weber gas grill on sale. Just the larger stuff they didn't want taking up seasonal floor space during the winter.

A few months after I got it, the spring inventory arrived, and Home Depot was charging $999 for that same Weber E-410, so I am still happy with my purchase.
          Last edited by jfmorris; August 12, 2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Rocinante
            Rocinante commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info. That's was a steal rather than a deal.... I would love for that to happen. I can definitely wait a while for a good deal to occur.

Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here