Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 zone on an infrared grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 zone on an infrared grill?

Hello, everyone. Is there any interference with convection currents on an infrared grill? I'm on the cusp of purchasing a new grill and want to make sure I'll be able to manage a proper 2-zone set-up with an infrared grill. I tend to overthink things. Judging from the popularity of Grillgrates here, I imagine it's a non issue. Thanks.

IR waves do not interfere with convection heat in any practical way that I am aware of. 2-zones can be achieved on many IR grills. Which models are you looking at?

Comment

Non infrared:
      Find Broil King Baron 4-Burner (40,000-BTU) Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner at Lowe's. Lowes offers a variety of quality home improvement products that are available for purchase online or in store.

Comment

Infrared (this is the most likely candidate):
        Find Char-Broil Commercial Tru-Infrared Stainless/Black 4-Burner (32000-Btu) Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner at Lowe's. Lowes offers a variety of quality home improvement products that are available for purchase online or in store.

Comment

These are the two I have it narrowed down to. They both have mixed reviews for longevity. I'm definitely leaning hard towards the char broil, especially now that it's on sale.

Comment

I'm a fan of the cheaper CharBroil IR myself. Having owned the small 2-burner Red IR (Now called "Gourmet") They are great warm weather cookers. They don't hold heat in cold windy weather though, but what thin gas grill does really. The one I had, like I mentioned called the Gourmet line now, has a large trough under the grates (2 sep troughs on larger grills), allowing you to put wood in there or even some charcoal if you choose and I really liked that feature. 2 zone is def possible on the 3 & 4 burner models.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrbroil trough.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	77138

Comment

Thanks Huskee. I've definitely made my mind up. In fact, I just bought the Char Broil. Lowes just put on sale for 15% off today and with a $50 off coupon code, I got the sucker for $396 assembled and delivered, taxes and all!

Comment

Sweet! That's a beast of a grill. Take good care of it and perform necessary normal maintenance. And make sure to add it and your other gear/thermometers, etc to your signature. Cook your meats with a good digital thermometer and you'll have some of the best grilled food from that thing. Also, here is CharBroil's tips page of smoking with IR grill. Notice they do not recommend soaking chips anymore either...(I wonder if they've been reading AmazingRibs.com?)

Oh, and we need bragging pictures!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here