Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I succumbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I succumbed

I could be known as an MCS fighter. I have been pretty successful at fighting it off, but I’ve succumbed to it and hopefully it is only temporary.

The other day Lowe’s had a 5 burner Char-Broil on sale for $149. While it was a regular $229 I have seen it other places for as high as $299. While I prefer the charcoal flavor over gas I occasionally want to grill something fast, so I bought it. There have been decent reviews both on Amazingribs.com and Consumer Reports. So far so good on the 4 cooks I have done.

From time to time I have been tempted to get a Smobot for my BGE, but have always resisted because my PartyQ got the job done. A while back someone posted about the joy of their event Smobot, and after a little more research I bought it. Now, I am wondering why I waited so long. It was great to make adjustments after church Sunday before I headed home. The WiFi monitoring is far superior to Bluetooth monitoring and my PartyQ required going to the BGE to check while my iGrill often dropped the Bluetooth connection.

My resistance to MCS has been more due to having purchased stuff in the past that gathered dust as I continued to neglect it in favor of my go to stuff than opposition in general. I Am betting the gas grill will be my go to for quick cooks and my Smobot will be my go to for low and slow and roasting.

Think of it this way LA Pork Butt ----you alone are helping the economy by giving in to MCS! Lol.

Comment

Congrats! Better you then me.

Comment

It looks like you think through your MCS purchases very well. Congratulations on the gasser and Smobot. The gasser is an itch I haven't scratched yet, but the Smobot is continuing to do all I hoped it would.

Comment

My take on MCS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	resistance.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	668740

Congrats on the gasser and the smobot.

Comment

L A, not only are you an incredible fighter, not firing until you saw the whites of yer eyes, putting up a struggle that we all could be proud of, but you are also quite dapper at handling the math thing. We glow in yer fortitude & yer aptitude. Job well done, cept medium rare on the steaks unless ya like em rare. 👍👍👍 🕶

Comment

Mrs Mosca would freak out if another cooker showed up. That makes controlling MCS easy.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thinking I’d get one too. Then I read your post above. It was a nice thought.

Congrats on the new acquisitions! I have heard a lot of good things about the SMO BOT. I know EdF is a big fan of his.

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker. You do know that remission is only temporary - right?

Comment

Congrats on you loss of willpower and your gain of cookers!

Comment

Right now I just can't afford to succumb to anything

Comment

the way I see it.....why resist when giving in feels so good? Congrats on the new grill.

Comment

As I get ready to order the SnS for they yet to be delivered Kettle. I feel for you LA Pork Butt . Oh my, this is just the tip of the iceburg. I'm going to be so in trouble.

Comment

• Mudkat
                          Mudkat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Let your MCS flag fly!

• xaugievike
                          xaugievike commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes you are. at least you're prepared for it.

• Troutman
                          Troutman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          MCS flag fly, lol !!! Jimi would be proud !!!

$149.00 hmmmm.... Sophia bought me two propane tanks. One is just sitting there. 😃

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                          LA Pork Butt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Every propane tank needs a home.

Its healthy to not pass on good gas every once in a while.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here