Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regulator on New Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regulator on New Grill

I was gifted a Char-Broil 3 Burner Gas Grill for Father's Day to start my journey in the world of barbecue!

Unfortunately when I hooked up the regulator to the propane tank, it was leaking not at the connection I screwed in, but in the part that goes into the regulator (brass, see the picture).

Do you think I should take the whole thing back to Menards? Or get a replacement part through Char-Broil? I'm mostly concerned that the replacement part would be harder to install since it came preinstalled to the bottom part of the grill. https://www.charbroil.com/valve-hose...tor-g3202200w1

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Was it a preassembled grill? Will Menards swap it out or replace it for you if you are not comfortable doing that? Hope it works out, Have aGreat Day.

Comment

No, I assembled it myself.

Comment

you should be able to unscrew the brass fitting and put some pipe dope on it and assemble with no leaks

Comment

Call Menard's first. Perhaps they will have a quick solution for you. If not, call Char-Broil. They will likely send you a replacement part.

Comment

I figured it out! It was NOT my grill, but the propane tank that was having issues. I found this video and it showed the same problem.

The comments mentioned the O-ring in the propane tank hookup...and mine was not intact. Swapped out the tank at Menards and the grill now works!

Comment

Glad it was the easy fix!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here