Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Char-Broil "Smartchef"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Char-Broil "Smartchef"

Was in Lowes' this weekend and came across a new model from Char-Broil called the "Smartchef". A gasser with WIFI temperature control and meet probes. I haven't seen this functionality much, if at all, on a gas grills. I also noticed that this is one of their TRU-infrared models, which from my reading aren't the best for indirect because the tend to uniformly heat the cooking grid. Love the idea of temp controlled gasser for low and slow (indirect). Would love to hear from someone that has tried it.

I am testing one now. Operated manually it works like Char-Broil's TRU Infrared Commercial grills which costs significantly less. Wide temp range, even heat, searing capability. The cook surface shields foods from direct exposure to the flames, eliminating flare ups and reducing convection heat which dries out meats. Unfortunately, the control system doesn't work well at all. In control mode the temp range is reduced significantly and everything I tested cooked way too fast and burned.

Comment

• louisparks
      louisparks commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure it's been said before, but you have a really cool job...

• vandy
      vandy commented
      Editing a comment
      I will have to 2nd that thought louisparks, how cool would it be to go to work everyday and cook on and test the newest grills or play with grilling toys all day.

Schmokin' Daddio!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here