Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Gas Grill Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Gas Grill Guidance

Ok guys - here's the deal. My wife who is a credentialed chef and no longer works in the food industry recently announced she would like her very own gas grill (no really, she did ask, it's not my MCS) so she can quickly and easily add a grilled component now and then to the masterpiece meals she is always producing. Speed and convenience is the key so the Weber/SNS, PBC, Pellet Grill options we currently have won't really work and she only wants enough grill for quick cooks that won't take up a lot of space on our screened in patio. Coincidentally her birthday is coming up so I did a little shopping and landed on a Charbroil Infrared grill on sale at Lowes (link below) that seemed like a good cost / value / size / purpose for this but have zero experience was gas grills. Any feedback or suggestions would be great and very much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Last edited by cgrover60; June 1, 2017, 07:45 PM.

Your link isn't working for me, but is it this one?

Gets a bronze on this site. I ran a standard Charbroil for years and had very good luck with it. Eventually I wore it out, refurbished it, and ran it for several more years. Eventually I gave it to a friend and upgraded, but he is still using it. I now have a Saber that uses this same tube technology, shielding the food from the flames, and I have to say it's pretty hard to complain about it. However, if flame is what you want, you are going to have to use your charcoal grill. I do recommend that you get it nice and hot to clean up the gunk on a regular basis.

Comment

• cgrover60
      cgrover60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Duh, yes that's the grill. Don't know why I didn't look in the reviews here. Thanks JCGrill. Will edit my post right now.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with gassers that would help. Also, I couldn't follow your link, so I'm not certain which grill you were looking at?
    Last edited by kmhfive; June 1, 2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• cgrover60
      cgrover60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the link I posted doesn't work - whoops. Corrected it in my post.

I'd take a look a just bit more upscale at the Sabers http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...r_target_id=75

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I got based on the reviews here. I got a larger one, but it's a very good brand.

Maybe take a look at the Napoleon line like the one FireMan just bought. The Rouge. I think. I've had a Napoleon for 10+ years now. For the most part no complaints. Although it hasn't been used for the better part of a year now since I got my offset and 22" kettle.

Comment

You could also look at a Broil King or Broil Mate.

Comment

Not that I'm an authority, but after thorough checking of all the stats by the companies & most important, Max's observations & recommendations. Then looking at what & how I am going to cook, the Napolean Rogue kept coming out as the best to accomplish what I feel I needed. The price of the Char-Broil at Lowe's was enticing, but the Napolean 3 burner with the IR side burner Rogue was it. It almost drove me nuts, because for me the Napolean was a pretty big financial leap.

Comment

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice choice FireMan. That grill has some nice innovation that does set it apart. As tempting as that is the budget would be pretty stressed for a grill that will only get used once in a great while plus I'd be tempted to use it and might like it and we know where that would lead.

Why not ask your Wife which model she would like?? Then she gets the one SHE really wants!

Comment

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes that does make sense except sort of negates the surprise factor. Then again the surprise factor doesn't always work in a good way when shopping for the wife!

now that's a smart man, when I bought the first Harley, I had my wife sit on the back of all of them and asked her which one she felt the most comfortable on and that's the one we got, of course 2 years later we changed styles to what I had in mind and she was still happy

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Hah! Playing the long game. Nice!

• Brewmaster
          Brewmaster commented
          Editing a comment
          As my Daddy said "If she ain't happy, I ain't going to be happy"

I would see if your wife likes the Weber Spirit line. A little more than the Charbroil, but worth it, I think.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here