Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS strikes again.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS strikes again.........

Char-Broil Big Easy $79 @ Academy Sports

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	242335

Lets us know how yo like it! I got The Big Easy Roaster, Smoker & grill. Thinking I would use it for the sear part at the end of Sous Vide cooks. Turns out Infrared is not the way to go for Sous Vide. Just did my 1st Turkey in it over the weekend. Came out really good. But I suspect the one you got will do the same great job for less money!! happy Cooking!!

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Infrared bypasses the moisture barrier on meats. That Barrier is what sizzles when you 1st drop your steak on a hot grill. That Barrier is also what enables us to sear the meat after Sous Vide with out affecting the internal temp of the meat (to much)...

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Infrared bypasses that barrier and starts cooking the inner meat. So while the radiant heat is causing the maillard reaction on the surface, the inner meat is getting cooked as well. ...

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      So the internal temp jumps up way past the 135 (usually to 145 to 150 on my cooks) temp your looking for. Thus negating using the Sous Vide to keep the temp at med rare.

A guy I work with has one of those and really likes it. Let us know what you think!

Comment

I watched GadjetGriller with his on Youtube and mentioned it to the wife. Pretty nifty little dude.

Comment

It will be tested Thurs......or maybe today? I got some chicken wings

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Watch out for sugary sauces (or rubs) infrared burns sugar real quick! doesn't really taste burnt but doesn't look so pretty.

I have one question: How can it be a fryer if it does not use oil? I thought frying by definition, used oil??

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          They call it an Air Fryer. It mimics the effects of being fried. it cooks 3 ways: Infrared, Convection and good old radiant heat. The infrared cooks the internal meat with out actually steaming away all the moisture (so the bird stays very juicy)...

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          the Radiant heat and Convection dry out and crisp up the outer skin just like it was Fried.

Pre-Google question-- Is it just an outdoor propane convection oven shaped like a bullet smoker/little barrel?

Comment

• Catmandu
          Catmandu commented
          Editing a comment
          Basically, yes.

I have one as well. Haven't used it in quite a while ... since I bought the Weber Performer with SnS and the PBC. In the past I cooked a turkey, a few beef roasts, and shish-kabobs. Worked well, but no smoky flavor.

Comment

Turkey- came out alright. Very crispy skin. Meat, not dry and not overly moist. To me it was better than deep frying because it didnt require five gallons of peanut oil. Took about 2.5-3 hr for 15 lb bird. Dry bined and coated with peanut oil and Weber no salt chicken rub. Pulled at 160 F, next time will take it to around 155 F.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	243508

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, it even smells great!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

• W.A.
                W.A. commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks DWCowles. Tasted pretty good too. Lets just say I have leftover from my smoked chicken and none from air fried and both tasted great.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here