Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tru-Infrared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GadjetGriller
    commented on 's reply
    Sure Darchie03 I'll go look tonight (unfortunately real world things have to get done today, Dont you just hate that!!)

• Darchie03
    commented on 's reply
    Delayed Gratification, Thanks for the info.

• Darchie03
    commented on 's reply
    GadjetGriller, I was looking & see that Amazon has some used ones that are less than a $100.00 & are said to be like new if you are interested.

• GadjetGriller
    commented on 's reply
    800 degrees!! yep that will sear stuff nicely!! thanks know what I'm asking for, for my nest Birthday!!

• Delayed Gratification
    replied
    I've had a commercial series tru-infrared Charbroil for about 5 years (long enough to replace burners and emitter grates). It's been a great grill, especially for flare-prone items like brats & chicken. Low & slow is a bit tough, so I use another for those, but for steaks, burgers, etc., I've been well pleased. The only advice I would have is clean the emitter grates often, or you'll block all the small holes and the performance will decrease dramatically. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    Looks pretty dang good to me!

• Darchie03
    commented on 's reply
    GadjetGriller, Had to do this in 2 steps too many characters. temp. on my grill meter was over 800dg. on med.

• Darchie03
    commented on 's reply
    None of the above it was done in my offset while I was doing ribs to 120dg. then on the Grill2Go about 3 min. a side. if I had pulled it at 110 like I had planed it would have gone 5min. a side & been much better this thing really gets hot.

• GadjetGriller
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great (I like my meat more med I know I'm weird) Did you do the whole cook on the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200, or did you cook it (sous vide maybe) then sear if off?

• Huskee
    replied
    Nice work Darchie03! Those look great, perhaps somewhere between medium-rare & medium? Still mighty fine if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Darchie03
    replied
    , GadjetGriller, Well here are the pictures. I could have seared it longer but this was the first try & I let the stake (Rib-Eye) temp. get a little higher than I wanted before searing. Master says warp 10 well this Grill2Go X200 will get there & all the way to warp 14 if you let it & in a short time. It was about 88 dg. outside & 25+mph wind You guys wanted to Know how it worked so I enclosed Photos. what do you think? Well I tried to up load photos but could not it says to large over 2mb. Looks like that issue is fixed. Sense lighting was bad 2 of the photos are with flash to see if it helped.
    Dave

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	179211Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	179212Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	179213Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	179214

Leave a comment:

• GadjetGriller
    replied
    I have not heard of that. But a quick search I find I may need one of those!! I've been looking for a better way to sear off the steaks I just sous vide. (I now use Pan Searing, works ok but high heat like you can get from a IR cooker would be perfect.) I will be looking into that tell us how it worked!

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    replied
    Sounds like a great score! I hope you keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• Darchie03
    started a topic Tru-Infrared

Tru-Infrared

Sense the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 is rated so high on the AR website I had a chance to pick one up for $80.00 I bought it hope it works as advertised it has no scratches or dents but the box was damaged thus the price, I mainly want it for reverse searing as my COS fire box grill is to small. Has any one used one of these? & if so do you have any comments on it's use?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here