Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Char-Broil: Not Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Char-Broil: Not Impressed

Was at Lowe’s this morning and saw the new Char-Broil Amplifire thermostat controlled gasser. The burner system seemed okay, but the cabinet build was cheesy and flimsy, in my opinion. Very thin and bendy steel, and the lid wobbled quite a lot when lifting it. There is a double layer of steel in the hood, but it didn’t seem well put together. I compared the build to the Char-Broil Commercial next to it, and it was night and day. I f they keep up that low quality, I am definitely not interested in the Amplifire.

the new Char-Broil Amplifire thermostat controlled gasser. The cabinet build was cheesy and flimsy, in my opinion. Very thin and bendy steel, and the lid wobbled quite a lot when lifting it---the "Coor's Light" of grills.

Comment

Yeah, I would take a hard pass on any thing Char-Broil. The savings is not worth the headache. IMHO

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a Chair Broil dual grill gas and charcoal - it is rusting out, the gas side is mostly unusable due to the rusting of the prongs that hold the drip guards/deflector, but it is pretty old. We're talking 10, if not 12y. It wasn't the best grill out there, but it served me ok - now I need a new one, though.

We were looking a gassers for my son a few weeks ago and noticed if you look at anything gasser now it seems many builders dropped cast metal for sheet metal construction.
      Flimsy materials made to fall apart so you buy a new grill sooner.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is exactly what this grill looks like to me! Problem is the price tag is over $500

Ya know, I threatened the other day to talk about my char-broil. Long story and I will bore you with it later with pictures. But so far, I am very happy. Especially since it’s too dang hot here to cook inside.

I have the smart chef infrared thingy.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a 6 year old char broil professional that has grill grates. Its going strong.

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter, mine has the grill grates, too, with cast iron regular grates.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a world of difference in the quality between the regular Char-Broil and the Char-Broil professional and infrared grills. I saw the two side by side at Lowe’s. I would buy the professional, but not the regular line.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here