Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gas Grill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gas Grill!

So, on top of my 4 grills listed in my signature, I have 4 other "unmentionables" including the newly replaced 2 burner piece of junk gaser that is, no lies, currently being used as a door stop. That junk gaser was just replaced by my new Char-Broil TRU Infrared Performance 3 burner!

In my heart, I am a true blue charcoal guy, but there are times when gas is just more convenient. So when my junker died I sought out a replacement. As much as I would have loved a $1000+ gaser, I'm in graduate school and cannot afford such things. Meathead's gold rated review helped put me at ease in making this decision. I'm sure I'll use it for other things, but it will mostly be used for reverse searing. I'm also very excited to have a burner for keeping sauces warm during long low n' slow cooks. Pictures of finished products will ensue, you have my word!

Now just to build the darn thing...

Congrats man, AWESOME. looking forward to seeing the new addition.

Comment

Those CharBroil IRs are great, especiallly for the price. I have one.

Comment

How much room is there between the grates and the top of the lid. I like the price of the performance gassers and the stainless grates, but it doesn't look like there's room to do say a whole turkey, or a large prime rib roast.

Comment

Timkatt - there is about 11-9 inches of clearance in the back 2/3 of the grill. I would imagine you could do rib roasts or turkey in it. I reverse seared a boneless Rib Roast over Xmas in one. I honestly only use the grill for quick steaks, burgers, quick chicken breasts, and reverse searing. Anything of substance goes on my BGE.

Comment

A good gas rig is great. I love to do pizza on mine, and they're vegetable killers on short notice!

Comment

• bbantel
              bbantel commented
              Editing a comment
              Mmmm, yeah I've done Meathead's Asparagus (+EVO and S&G rub) on it with veggie clips. Also, the side burner makes quick work out of onions and peppers in my mesh saute grilling pans.

Yep can't beat gassers for quick and easy. Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here