Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

still love my broil king -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still love my broil king -

I bought a broil king baron - 5 burner - based on the reviews from this website in 2014. 6 months later, I bought grillgrates for 2 of the burners.
    It has been awesome ever since.
    I have set it up with a water pan and smoked countless pork butt and ribs.
    I just turn the two burners with grillgrates on for 2 zone cooking/reverse sear. Great steaks!
    High heat on the grillgrates - fantastic burgers - even with the 93% lean meat my wife insists on buying. (I've talked her down from 97%). Of course, burgers are still better at 80/20 and sometimes I get to make those for myself.

I've used this thing a ton for 6 years, never bothered to cover it, and it still looks pretty good. Holding up great!

It's survived the Houston weather and 3 biblical level floods. In the aftermath of Harvey, I took it too my uncle's house. Most of his neighborhood was flooded. (His house was fine). He and all his hunting buddies had full deep freezers that had no power. I grilled, probably close to 1200 lbs of meat in 36 straight hours and we just fed strangers and first responders.

I know this isn't necessarily an active channel - but Broil King has delivered!! It has been a workhorse for 6 years, and for sure has at least another 4-6 years left.

I couldn't be happier with the purchase, even all these years later.

A true testament to a well built product. Meanwhile my Keurig didn't make it 2 years. Cheap junk.

Comment

I have had my broilmaster 20 years turned it into a built in. replaced bowtie burner under warranty 2 times grill grates once. Stands out in the weather with not a bit of issues.

Comment

Char-broil professional going strong for 5 years. Replaced the CI grates once, and the ignited once (I my have been drunk and broke the old one...) cooks way better that the coyote built in that I'm not gonna mention how much it cost...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here