Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill Grate support on Broil King Signet 320?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I have always used grill grates on top of cooker grates and store them when not in use. But that is me.

Leave a comment:

• CbusRog
    replied
    Four-year-old question, but what the heck, someone else may stumble in.
    I used a length of 1/16”x1/2”x3/4” aluminum angle as a shelf on top of the rear nubs. Had to make some relief cuts for the casting webs at the nubs. Works great.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CbusRog; January 11, 2021, 11:56 PM. Reason: Add a picture.

Leave a comment:

• cstefan
    started a topic Grill Grate support on Broil King Signet 320?

Grill Grate support on Broil King Signet 320?

Like many grill grate owners I like to use my grill grates flat side up most of the time.

Unfortunately the Broil King Signet doesn't have a continuous lip front and back to support the grill grates. I've damaged the rail side of the grill grates a bit from using them unsupported.

Since I've discovered the problem I've taken to placing the Grill Grates on top of the factory grates. Due to the factory grates being uncoated cast iron they tend to rust (I've seasoned them but the temperatures I sear at tend to burn most of the seasoning off). It isn't a huge deal as I'm not cooking directly on the factory grates. However I'm not a fan of nasty rusted cast iron grates.

My options seem to be either getting extra grill grate panels to use flat side up or getting aftermarket stainless grates. Any other thoughts?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here