Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broil King Users - Past and Present -->

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broil King Users - Past and Present -->

Would you please tell me about your experiences with your (gas) Broil Kings? How well/evenly they cooked? Good high & low temps? How long did they last?/have they lasted?
    Thank you!
    (I'm still leaning toward a Weber, but these Broil Kings are very intriguing! One is on the 2017 Top Ten and many of them earned Gold Medals from Messrs. Meathead and Max.)

Hi. We have a Broil King Keg and a Regal gas/ Propane model. The Keg we can't say enough positive thoughts about particularly after #spinaker gave me some recommendations on basket and use of an Green Egg plate; thanks Spinaker.

The Regal is a different matter; I posted the other day. The Regal was great the first 3-4 years. It cooks evenly and having the 4 burners, indirect cooking is fantastic and simple. After having the Regal for 6 years, its starting to fall apart but still cooks well. I haven't had to replace burners or grills yet. The back rail that supports the grill cover/shield has bowed so the lid is not seating perfect. The two drawers are pretty much seized in pulling out and the plastic handles and utensil hooks are broken. I don't view myself as a heavy handed user and have lubricated the side drawers but they need replacing.
    All in all I would still say that it still cooks well but does not look the greatest after 6 years. I am toying with buying a Napolean with the searing station or a Weber. One might argue though that the relative pricing of the BK vs Weber top lines ; then to trade a BK in for a new one after 6 years may be a way to go.

Comment

• abandonedbrain
      abandonedbrain commented
      Editing a comment
      I see a lot of comments about this or that grill having issues with moving parts... but most don't say if they use covers or not. Did you use a cover on the Regal? (Not trying to troll, I'm in MI and covers are a given here!)

• Inky
      Inky commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we have been using the Broil King cover. Weather here in Ontario similar to MI virtually demands it.

Check out the Saber http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...r_target_id=75

Comment

• (Wildman)
      (Wildman) commented
      Editing a comment
      Another Very tempting grill!

My Broil King Baron lasted 3-4 years before completely rusting. I needed a new firebox which necessitates a new lid and burners because the attachments were all rusted. The major difference with the Weber is that it's whole firebox is cast aluminum while Broil King's (at least the Baron) is only cast aluminum in the end caps. The roil King gets really hot which is nice but the Weber I think has a better build when comparing my brother in laws Genesis S-330 to my Baron 590 S

Comment

• cstefan
      cstefan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think with the Broil Kings it varies depending on the model. My Signet 320 has an aluminum firebox.

I've had good luck so far with my Signet 320, but I've had it less than a year. It definitely has better build quality than the Char-Broil at the same price point. Comparing to the Weber Spirit is harder as there are some areas where I think the Broil King is better and some where the Spirit is better.

Comment

• cstefan
      cstefan commented
      Editing a comment
      Also the Signet gets wickedly hot. Even without grill grates it is a searing monster. With Grill grates you have to turn it down a bit to keep the grates from warping.

I have the big guy, the XL. The heat is very even. No particular hot spots at all. I did covert the grill surface to grill grates and that really helps with flare up. Temp control is pretty easy for any temp you want. It is only on its third season so don't have a real comment on longevity, but it seems to be holding up very well. Highly recommend so far.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m in the market for a regal. Will you please PM me your current quality opinion of the BK?

On my recent vacation, I got to use a 4 burner Broil King Baron model. It was about 4 years old. I loved it. It produced even heat all the way across the surface. It was in very good condition, no rust, all the burners worked perfectly. The cart is very sturdy. The burner ignition worked first time, every time. There is a really good heat range adjustment on the burner knobs as well. I easily got screaming hot searing temps for steaks as well as good indirect for chicken parts. The grill was at a vacation rental, so you know they didn't take the best care of it, but it was holding up nicely. I would happily have that grill on my deck.

Comment

I have had two Broil Kings, not the big ones but the simple, well built two burners. The first lasted 18 years (the last 3 were with a replacement burner) and my current one is now 13 years old. I have just purchased a Napoleon Prestige 500 PRO and don't even have it at home yet! Very happy overall with the BroilKing. Even heat and they seem to last. Living in Manitoba, it is always covered when not in use.

Comment

After discussing with Max Good, he contacted Broil King for me and they honored their warranty and gave me a new firebox, lid and burners. It has always been a very hot grill, it just rusted in 3 years. Good to hear that it only happened to me and everyone else is happy with their purchase. Hopefully the new firebox lasts like everyone else's.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here