Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Broil King is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Broil King is back!

Last ditch before putting it out by the road with a "FREE" sign on it. I spent an hour or so disassembling it and cleaning all the gas lines and venturis, including the air screens. Success!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220502_142930_01.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1215383

Name:	16515166568981074414661972695271.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1215384

Clean as a whistle!

Name:	20220502_145330.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	1215389

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      I am BEYOND Impressed!

Now drag it out to the curb and put a "For Sale" sign on it.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      they made a movie about that... gone in 60 seconds

Nice job! It always feels nice to restore something you own to a state of usability. You've inspired me, I need to do that with my Grilla- it's temporarily n/a due to me leaving pellets in it too long and now the auger is jammed. Been too cold or rainy or both for me to mess with it lately.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      I've found, as unhandy as I am, that the augur clean is actually pretty simple. Five total screws.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Potkettleblack I'm referring to the Silverbac though, so it's a bit longer and more of a pain. Removing it can be hard if it's seized in there. I've done it a couple times already because of my own laziness not clearing the pellets. I just don't learn.

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      I really need to clean my gasser as well. So much yard work this time of year i never get round to it when i want to.

I just can't say how happy this makes me. It's like satisfying MCS for no cost whatsoever. Now all I have to do is clean the outside of it, and I have a gas grill.

Comment

I thought I smelled gas, so I did a leak test, needed a new regulator. Regulator and hose, $20 at Lowes. No more gas smell. I replaced the rusted out grease trays with these things, three of them slide right in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	16515249359282417976849621479616.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	1215441
      Last edited by Mosca; May 2, 2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I believe this line is out of production. Hold on to it, Great grill.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it has maybe 4-5 more years before the frame rust is too far gone. Then it can go.

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I had an old Huntington, which is a Broil King brand, which was essentially a Signet, that we had to give up on a year or so ago. I bought another Signet almost right away, just before they stopped making them. I love these grills, with the cast aluminum firebox they hold temperature perfectly. I used to smoke with mine with the addition of a metal wood chip box and an A-Maz-In Tube. It would hold 225 degrees all day.

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Murdy You know what impresses me as much as anything? At 350° the dome thermometer matches my Smoke Alarm within a few degrees, close enough to use it if I had to.

Wait, your supposed to clean yer cookers....uh oh....

Comment

Nice job! No need to put that baby out to pasture just yet.

Gassers can be handy to have on hand. I use mine for as an oven for batch-cooking bacon in a large tray, for searing on Grill Grates, and for using my large Steelmade Griddle insert. It earns its place, for sure.

Kathryn

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm thinking, grill space for when I want to do 20 burgers while the ribs finish on the BGE and the wings are in the Kettle.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Bacon on the gasser is the best....plus it doesn't smoke/stink up the house.
            Just don't be a clumsy oaf like me and spill grease.

This should work as well as anything.

Name:	20220503_130452.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1215930

Comment

Name:	16516127681471739731069099248300.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1216043xxx

Comment

All cleaned up, inside and out. The little magnet is missing from the right door cap. The cap is actually available, $4.50 plus $5 shipping.

Name:	38EAD7EA-BB12-4D0B-A3C0-CC11783A03F8.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1216055

Comment

My first gas grill was a Broil King and it lasted many years as replacements parts like burners were available. I recently did a spring clean on my Napoleon gas grill and it now all ready to go. If you buy a name brand grill they last longer and parts are available. While I was out walking yesterday I saw a man loading a grill into a truck so I helped him and it was a cheap grill going to the dump. I cook bacon on my gas grill as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here