Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’ve just been given a 3-burner Broil King!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve just been given a 3-burner Broil King!

Not sure what model it is. I don’t really care. I don’t need a gasser, but it is always nice to get something free.

It needs a good cleaning. The grates are fine and the burner tubes work okay, but all the flavorizer bars need to be replaced: 3 sets, $20 each. I didn’t check the ignition.

I’ll post photos when I get it home. Probably Tuesday.

Free is a very good price.
    Happy grilling to you and BBQ too

Comment

Looks like it’s a Signet 320. Flavor bars are $10 each.

Comment

very nice - i love my broil king (i have a 4 burner, forget the model - might be a baron?). if everything else works, that's a great deal even if you have to replace some parts.

Comment

Fire it up & cook! Nice score!

Comment

Congrats, lookin forward to yer adventure!

Comment

Does anybody see any pictures of this alleged grill? Pictures on Tuesday?? Would you also like a hamburger today? Perhaps one you would gladly pay for on Tuesday?

If it is in fact real, then congratulations on the new cooker!

Comment

Awesome! It's always great to get a grill for free!

Comment

Free is good.
                  Give it a good cleaning and put a few cooks under its belt then you can decide whether to dump a few bucks into it with replacement parts.
                  At free a $50-60 investment isn't so hard to swallow.

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The flavorizer bars are toast, they will need to be replaced regardless. Everything else is shop vac and simple green.

Free is always nice!

Comment

Updated. I finally got a chance to look at it closely. According to BK those flavor bars are fine with the rust on them. The grates just need to be cleaned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FBAE96F2-D39D-49A9-8CCE-C520F5594367.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1191171

Name:	67768FC3-838C-4592-B375-11DB87D14339.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	1191172

You can see in this next shot that the channel that holds the drip tray for the grease is rusted away, as was the drip channel tray itself. But it looks like that part has been superseded by the use of disposable aluminum trays, 6”x14”. Those should be pretty easy to find and fit, I think. in fact, I could probably use a couple smaller trays that I already have.

Name:	019E84C0-9920-47A3-95B8-1590D814E3FC.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	1191173

So I think it needs some Simple Green, a brush, maybe some plastic trim detailer from the automobile side of the garage, and it’s ready to go!

Comment

• bbqLuv
                      bbqLuv commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Before and after pictures
                      Satisfying work.
                      Last edited by bbqLuv; March 18, 2022, 01:37 PM.

Free just got better! 👍 🕶

Comment

A little meat drippin on the rust will sure fix it.

Comment

Feebys are nice!

Comment

I spent some time working on it today. It fires up, and all burners light, but it won’t get hot. It tops out at about 250°.

I’m not going to spend any money here. It could be the tubes need to be cleaned, I’ll run a pipe cleaner through it and see what happens. But if it needs a regulator I’m ditching it, $63 and 1-3 month wait. I’d rather have a griddle.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here