Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First steak on the new Blaze grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First steak on the new Blaze grill

I did a front sear which turned out to be a good idea because they were done after the sear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191024_180846.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	760684

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191024_181352.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	760685

Looks Perfect!

Comment

Dude....looks good, real good.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Very nice! Did you use one of Blaze’s infrared burners? I have been eyeballing the 316 SS version, one of the best I’ve found for marine air locations like where I live.

Comment

Yeah, I did use a sear burner which I'm liking a lot.

Comment

Blaze & Saber are the two gassers I'm thinking about if I were to think about one. Steak looks perfect to me too.

Comment

Looking good. I’ve got a Blaze charcoal grill built into my bbq island. Great grill.

Comment

@Santamarina I've never really looked closely at their charcoal grill but I just took a look. That must be fun to cook on. I would love to see some pics of it in action.
                  Last edited by Attjack; October 25, 2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Delicious. Getting hungry. Too bad it's a Strip..... just kidding

Comment

A sear cook, that reminds me of the time I first bought a good gasser. I was a complete novice with gas and figured I'd go ahead and turn the sear burner on high, quick sear my steaks then leave them on the regular burner to finish. Not sure how hot that sear station got, maybe 600-700* but I put the steaks on there and walked into the house to grab something. By the time I walked back the steaks were completely engulfed in flames and charred to a crisp !!! I think we ended up ordering pizza that night.

Glad to see you treaded lightly, good job on that steak and congrats on the new cooker !!

Comment

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bwahahaha

• Dewesq55
                        Dewesq55 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Troutman next time get a thicker steak and cook it like that on purpose 😁

Looks great. I also do a front sear as the wife likes her steak x-rare and I'm not far behind at r-med-rare.

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My girlfriend likes everything well done but I tend to deliver medium well and even slowly crossing into the medium zone. I think in time she will get used to more tender meats. But on the plus side of the situation, I get to practice hitting different levels of doneness.

• Dewesq55
                        Dewesq55 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Attjack I don't think I could survive in a relationship where my sig oth liked well done beef. You're a better man than I, Gunga Din.

Real nice!

Comment

Yeah they were. I hat it when that happens. It happens to me sometimes with chicken. Ugh!

that strip is legit though.
                        nice work.

Comment

Well Done, my friend! Wait, I think I must mean very nicely done, because that sure looks like medium rare, not well done! (Obviously the sight of such a gorgeous steak makes me befuddled)!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis