Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled the trigger on a used Blaze BLZ-4-NG 32-Inch 4-Burner Built-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! After forever with out a gasser I got one and was like why did I wait so long? Hope you enjoy the heck out of it and make some great food and memories.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      If I had to choose one or the other I would choose charcoal. Fortunately, I don't have to do that.

Well, here she is, now I need to frame her in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	J0UIr0bUF7hb212UIgolUF0Eohg4Zj95mzvjgjTWfxBMbx_hfYuOLHKIBDNGc1m8OGYBRmOXm3D3VXXXam-aYg25Wv5B6lDFQc5xuOvRmQbf14g-F3-FzQa8SSqdJwF2-WIZYCQRmBoPoydQpJzhcuuSrfgwfBmxarJNWSZUs5HnXK_o9WQPhH1oxqh9R3J3Q4hxlv6UIEv8jn7vO9jtUIGbBVxsSxTY9DiZWkb-GPzKN8uakJ28lz_f2MEWBPY
Views:	238
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	750264

Name:	trPLRmOXdtKQ5TAmeHEWgyHPKsVcCEAdfOhPgEgGfohTROyVXfJfckBMys5gLvEtPoVuX1D7C8p5KIXP8LwK7RnTtqHskssz8WescHswQUDXZ4uURuGWfALRcLfK0pH9mV-_7psTTmp3XFaByH8Jc0_iqA5Z-9cdztSD4ZOCKs9gB2GedLRbsQDET3yhpCIZdD0yXhmTJ802hAYrJFJIbbF6XPC06F8KwUzw6JlbImPLt8EgbXBEGz2mfEMqHvF
Views:	233
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	750265

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic photo!

That is gonna be an awesome set up! Primo, EVO and a Blaze? Sign me up! Congrats, I am looking forward to seeing it framed in.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to decide on EVO placement...

Phase 1 has been completed. I moved the weber out, moved a support, and trimmed the counter to accept the Blaze. Then I ripped some strips of cement board and screwed them in place to shield the wood from heat. I'll get started on framing the cabinets this weekend.

Name:	JeW7VDgku8bAH4EoWIiC2rF7XUvfVARoaJvwwxoBDSDF5N4dJHCfyeWgf8CtyqTTOWIcUN4L4WAXMDa7r9F1pWSm_bM51HK-Uag_PUd4onirYpwDvFfOBTtaBoR5wJ5IGrKYM15Qz9HR_u_r3UTzf1ytndruLw25ac5gfXrJnWM5WyGmvpSyQCtwRnOlps78Aja85gXcCbTyR7v2tJGNzYRAQm7eheoJzHvEEHio8-IaGpto_gLOVWrdlchcqMl
Views:	233
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	756194

Name:	w1vmh9c_DQmEr9ZcM7p4raz7JTDVS0wRWTA9_AlQh_UCUBq6VjANa2nxtxlp1zMdJei4ionWYTRCqhsAyXwzM07OlAtes7iQ0tF2_TXZxsOjBIeN9TEMFh8IaiSx6N969H8vQOHgDMm1R6NPXo6ouHRBlA5HMp51cdgkEnRYo-3K9EJ19cz0_Pv9L3DojoBxGDiqAshlIupIcWmMalWXdzVitcSCCROqtyuaZTMn5gBzASCYQ6T7mSPc6adfsto
Views:	242
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	756195

Comment

Huskee can you move this to the Blaze section? It got put in the miscellaneous gas grills section when you guys redid the channels.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Done, thank you.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        No, thank you.

Lookin' really good.

Comment

My new ACE hardware store replaced the big OSH. I have been shopping there but the grand opening celebration is this weekend. Everything in the store is going to be on sale. Weber and BGE reps are going to be on hand to cook and make sales. MCS has its grip on me. I have to dedicated smokers, a Santa Maria and a Vision grill. I have to buy something, just have to. I have never owned a gasser - only actually ever used them a couple of times at friends' houses. I was looking at the Pit Barrel, BGE's that would compliment my Vision grill. I thought, "hmm, I could use my Vision as my fish cooker and get a BGE." Then there are the Weber gassers. It would be a bigger expense but like you, I could see the versatility. I have been told that the sales prices are going to be unprecedented on Weber products. BGEs will be reduced, slightly. Should I follow you?

Comment

• Dan Deter
          Dan Deter commented
          Editing a comment
          Do eeet!

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dan Deeter - can you email my wife and tell her that you are a gypsy/clairvoyant/fortune teller and that "good things will happen if you allow your husband to spend more money on BBQ. Big money = big rewards in your life"? Tell her you just turned over a BBQ card!

• Dan Deter
          Dan Deter commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright, I 'bout fell out of my chair laughing at that one...🤣

tbob4 you should definitely consider it! If I could only have one grill a gas grill wouldn't be it but I don't have to only have one grill and I definitely want a gas grill in my outdoor kitchen.

Name:	20191014_175959.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	756314

Name:	20191014_181218.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	756313

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a thing of beauty.

I really like this sear burner. I want to cook steaks in the Primo and sear them off on the Blaze.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          The argument is already starting between me and the wife. You rock!!! In a good way.

Sweet !!!! I expect even BETTER recipes now !!!

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Once the dust settles!

I have had the cart model for about 3 years and really like it. Very configurable. Gets REALLY hot if you use GrillGrates. We've been cooking our pizzas in it. Have fun with it!

FYI If you get GrillGrates, give them at least 1/4"+ of wiggle room because they expand not only widthwise, but also lengthwise. I ordered custom to almost exact size and almost tore my grill apart. May have put it out of square but the lid still fits. I ended having to cut mine down a bit which was a pain.
        Last edited by JimLinebarger; October 15, 2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Solid advise!

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting thought. I hadn't considered GrillGrates for it yet. I bought them for my Weber Spirit and like them on that so I'll give it some thought. About what did the custom cut set run you?

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack I purchased 5 custom length ($145) and 1 custom gap ($19) but that was back in 2016. It almost completely fits widthwise with just a small gap. I recommend 17 3/4 - 17 13/16 lengths. There is a nice wide shelf on the Blaze for grates which is good since the standard grates are so heavy. Gives about an inch on the back and front to hold the grates. GG expand way more than I thought they would.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here