Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiskey Barrel Smoking Chunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whiskey Barrel Smoking Chunks

Have really enjoyed the smoke profile of Mo's Bourbon Barrel chips for short smokes on the gasser and decided to give these a try for longer cooks on the smoker:

A bit pricey but hey, why not?

I use JD barrel wood chips in my electric smoker and Orion cookers on occasion. Great for beef. Haven’t seen the chunks before. As you say, why not? I’m ordering some for use with my kettle.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      I got two bags of JD chips gifted to me and no complaints.
      Walmart up here has a Maple Bourbon barrel wood chips that I do prefer.
      Half the cost too.

I use the Fruita whiskey barrel chunks a lot, definitely Love the flavor!!!

Comment

I have a neighbor who does a lot of woodworking using bourbon barrels. There's always some cutoff pieces he gives me for smoking. I don't know that it really adds anything that plain oak wood doesn't, but it smells amazing when it burns.

Comment

Straight Outta Cleveland!
        Bourbon-Infused SmokerBRICX(TM) It's the wood we use to make our whiskey and now you can cook with wood infused with bourbon! YUM!

Comment

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. Interesting.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here