Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goat Willow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goat Willow

Has anyone tried using Goat Willow for smoking beef?

No, but if you tried it I would make sure it was totally debarked since the bark could make everything taste like aspirin.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

First, I'd like to thank everyone over the thousands of years that thought 'I wonder if you can eat that?', and found out for all of us that you can't.

As to your question - other than bland neutral woods, like oak ( I hope no one disagrees ), if any wood made a great smoking profile, or even an 'I'd do that again next week' smoking fuel, we'd all know about it already. It would be a de facto standard. If it ain't, it's assuredly a don't.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Couldn't agree more. Not only are there no new ideas, there are no new woods to speak of.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve R. but there are more cookers, grates, fuel baskets, rubs, ways and means... LoL

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here