Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood Chunks - Purchase from where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use FruitaWoodChunks.com, they're my go-to. If you decide to try them out I recommend the "U-pick'em" option, it's cheaper if you want a few varieties.

Comment

Never had a problem with Big Box wood chunks. My favorite source now is a local orchard. I’m a regular customer there. I got a years worth of peach and cherry (from their pruning) and they got pulled chuck roast!

Comment

i used to use fruitawood.com but i got an order from https://www.smokinlicious.com/#gsc.tab=0 and i have to say i like it better. No bark and they have a really good selection. The website is horrendous btw but i finally figured it out.

Comment

It's hard to find a variety of wood chunks were I live. Most of the retail space is taken up by gas grills and such. Home Depot use to sell about 5 different wood chunks but no longer. Same with Ace. Everything now is pellets.

I use Fruita Wood now because I can get things I'll never see in any store in my area.

Comment

• RolfTaylor
            RolfTaylor commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have a local Ace that is convenient then you have a few options. Each Ace is individually/locally owned. Part of the Ace culture is service so most will be happy to do special orders. If not, you can go to the ace web site and order on line for pickup at the store. This avoids shipping charges as they just throw it on the next truck going to your local store. You can get anything stocked in the regional warehouse this way. Take about 4-8 days depending local schedule.

I have had good luck from BBQguys with the diamondking products. A little pricy but great quality compared to some of the chips and bark you find in some of the big box store bags.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here