Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burning some beech wood on the braai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning some beech wood on the braai

Hello Pitmasters,

I had to wait for a weekend with better weather and the time arrived just today. So let´s get some fire on the braai.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2025.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	660845

After a nice 30 km Biketour we bought just some chunks of meat.

Name:	IMG_2020.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	660848

Name:	IMG_2027.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	660844

They call it moles.

Name:	IMG_2024.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	660851

It is some pork stuffed with onions and that was really delicious. Please have a look at the pictures:

Name:	IMG_2241.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	660849

Name:	IMG_2244.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	660850

Name:	IMG_2029.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	660847

Name:	IMG_2030.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	660846

Have a good time @ the Pit ...

Yogi77

I assume the word Braai is not commonly used in Germany?
    Glad the weather turned and afforded you an opportunity to Braai (love the word and its pronunciation).
    Is that a pork fillet roll? and I notice some rashers on the side.
    Lyk wonderlik. Geniet.

Comment

• Yogi77
      Yogi77 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right. In germany „grillen wir“. Nearly nobody knows what you do when you braai, or what a braai is. But my neighbours are better informed now 😃

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Bet they are your best friends when they see the smoke rising.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      But we know what braai is, heh, heh. And I even know how to pernounce it. 🕶

Moles?? Ya'll must have huge moles in Germany. It would take at least 30-40 moles from my yard, tied together to make a piece of meat that big.

Ohhhh! My bad. Had to actually read a little further.

Comment

Outstanding and so simple! What kind of onions, if I may ask?

Comment

• Yogi77
        Yogi77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think they are called spanish onions in english. The bigger, sweeter ones.

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yogi77 Vidalia would fit that description as well - thanks. I'm looking forward to duplicating it.

¡Das sieht ganz gut aus, Bruder!

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here