Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pecan wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pecan wood

Hello to all!! Had a buddy call me and said he has a 3 loads of pecan. My question...….is there just pecan or other types that would not work for smoking. He was not sure and stated that it may be a pecan hybrid? Thank you for help!!!

Not sure about the hybrid part... but pecan is one of my absolute favorites to use.

Comment

Hybrid normally means two different types of the same plant being crossed. In this case, that would be two different varieties of pecan. You should be OK.

Comment

I'd jump all over it, Brother!
        Or git a couple armloads to try, make a cook first, if yer worried...

Comment

Hmmm 3 loads I could see a stick burner in my near future

Comment

Already googlin lox, drivin directions, lol!
            Jus kiddin, but it wouldn't be no major drive, from here, jus haveta drag along slower, with th trailer!

truth be told, ain't never had me no bad pecan puh can puh'cahn pee-can, or however yall (incorrectly) insist on pronouncin it lol!

Comment

Pecan is my favorite wood to smoke with. It smells great when it burns and tastes great on the meat.

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I also get oak by the gaylord...…..he gives it to me but sells it for $100.00 per. Each gaylord weighs about 1600 lbs. Thanks again!

Comment

Pecan is a wonderful smoking wood, er, is that "smocking"? LOL

Anyway, not to worry about the hybrid aspect. That's like worrying about whether your apple wood is 'Golden Delicious' or 'Gala' (not that either of those are necessarily hybrids).
                  Last edited by Willy; January 5, 2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

that's good!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

Go get it or I will rent a dump trailer and drive from minnesota to pick it up!!!

Comment

Get it while you can a great opportunity. Pecan is my go to.

Comment

Thanks to all of you!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	53D9D026-FFF0-4DF7-B6CD-47B7C127F05F.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	619372 Well, maybe not a "load".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here