Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardwood splits bargain or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardwood splits bargain or not.

Advertised as Namibian hardwood on the board of the street vendor. I use Nam wood for braai-ing and it usually cost a fair amount more than the 2 bags I bought.
    It doesn't quite take on the appearance of Namibian that is a lot darker at the core and heavier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_150455.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	615574 .

My Dendrologist seems to agree with me but I was happy to fork out $1 for the 2 bags.
    Weigh in at about 10 pounds per bag.

Well without knowing much about wood species and availability in your part of the world I don't think you can go wrong at a $buck a bag!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      2 bags for a buck.
      I have started a fire to do a run with the coals in my kettle as discussed previously. Made some Pork belly burnt ends using charcoal and they're in the kettle covered at the moment.
      When done the wood coals should be ready for a big rack of spare ribs.

Well then 2 bags for a buck you certainly can't go wrong!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Check top RHS corner of this comment another hidden gem.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here