Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food pics? How about wood pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a 10# box of chokecherry I’m giving away the 18 of October
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Very kind an generous, Brother!

I have bags & a few boxes of wood throughout my garage, including a container of apple. But, Huskee will probably ban me from the pit for this, here is a box of wood courtesy of him & I dropped it, so it’s all mixed up. Click image for larger version

Name:	41145A91-85C8-4B91-B22E-8CAA39FC24AB.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	580839

Comment

• Fire Art
      Fire Art commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s my luck

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Call it "Competition Blend" then get to smokin' ...

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Th Oak is th heavy, dense chunks; th Mulberry is th light ones.
      I think that Brother MBMorgan nailed this one, though, if in doubt!

I almost ran out of wood last year; entered the early spring with just a bit of shag bark hickory that grows like weeds on my property. As luck would have it, I found numerous trees that came down during an early spring storm. Cherry and Oak. Plus, had a huge, almost dead back cherry tree cut down a few weeks ago. I cut them up and split them to feed my KBQ.
    I am more than ready for the next year (or more!!!)

The whole batch:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_164056.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	580853

Apple on the upper left, small box of maple and a tub of hickory on the right

Name:	20181018_164108.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	580857

Cherry in the upper left, oak on the upper right, maple on the lower left and more black cherry on lower right

Name:	20181018_164117.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	580855

One last load of black cherry getting dried

Name:	20181018_164127.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	580856
    Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'd like that little collection!

Mesquite!
    If you understand, no explanation is necessary.
    If you don't understand, no explanation is sufficient. Click image for larger version

Name:	Mesquite 2018-08.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	581168

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      True Dat, I use it alla th time!!!

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      My favourite and can only get as wood chips packed and sold by weber here at R140/ Kg that would be about $5 lbs.

Here is one of several trees that succumbed to the last bits of Florence 0 red oak and dead several years.

Name:	P_20181019_174359[1].jpg
Views:	103
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	583251

And a live one that fell in the neighbors yard...

Name:	P_20181019_174415[1].jpg
Views:	132
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	583252

The center of this one is starting to rot. You can see the dark center which is not typical of red oak.

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks kike you're set on oak for a loooong time!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great way to make th best out of alla that damage!!!!
      I'd check around; I bet there's plenty of other types available in her wake, if ya got room fer it there at yer house...

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a lot more than I can use for sure. That's why I offered to give it to any Pit Member who was willing to come and get it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here