Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking Wood in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Wood in East Texas

Just scored some great hickory in Emory Texas at a pretty fair price (I think). Guy had mesquite, cherry, post oak, and more. Main outlet is in Frisco Texas but has wood yards in Emory and somewhere in Oklahoma. Nice guy. If you are interested you can check his web site at: www.firewoodfrisco.com (I am in no way affiliated with him nor do I get any discount for sharing this with you, just trying to help everyone find good wood). Click image for larger version

Name:	18-03-20 Hickory 2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	470084

Nice!

Comment

Nice score.

Comment

Nice find, that should last for quite awhile!

Comment

Oh man love hickory, too bad I'm a couple hundred miles from you !!!

( btw not supposed to politicize on here but I like what ya got on your tail gate )

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            the dent? oops

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey the guy got a little over anxious when he was loading his wood, that will buff out !!!!

Looks like my wife was backing up your truck!! Nice score on the wood. I don't stand a chance of finding hickory around here but I get red and white oak in abundance!

Comment

Hey dad KenC52 some of that is headed to whitehouse, right?

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              90% of the time (long bitter rivalry there, I'll tell yall about it sometime), but it DOES use a wood chip/chunk/pellet tray, and I use exclusively hickory on pork. yes dad, I got the jab, and ate it like a pulled pork sammich....im feeling a throwdown soon. KenC52

• KenC52
              KenC52 commented
              Editing a comment
              No jab. Just thought I remembered you use gassers because of the kids.

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              KenC52 lol no worries you don't have to wear kid gloves, lol. smoked bacon cheddar stuffed steak burgers tonight. gonna have 2 extra, you and mom wanna make the haul for dinner?

Nice truck load of hickory. Seems no one around here can cut and split in uniform pieces. That load looks pretty uniform.

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              I noticed that too. It looks to be a tree from the woods vs one that grew out in the open. I like those nice straight ones because you can get really uniform with the splits and not have so many knots.

Update. Here is the bandera with some of the hickory split (even smaller so that it will cure faster) and cut to a length that will fit in the coal basket in the firebox.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180323_122130771.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	471290Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180323_122108688_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.94 MB ID:	471289Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180323_122130771.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	471291

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here