Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grocery Store Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grocery Store Wood

I have a stick burner and I have found the fire is lower maintenance if I use a few logs with my charcoal, instead of just charcoal alone. The big box stores sell mini logs, which work great, but I have stumbled across my local grocery store that sells a much bigger bag for the same price. Has anyone tried some of the grocery store wood? Its usually stored outside in plastic mesh bags and comes in several types. The home depot wood looks better but I just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

thanks,
    David

Yup, seen 'em at th' stores...
    Reckon flavour of yer food depends on whatever wood they chucked into that particular bundle...
    But, yeah, yer stickburner's gonna be WAY happier, burnin' sticks...more stable temps, as ya' said...
    I did some all charcoal cooks on mine, early on...
    My recommendation? Find a good source of smoker wood...
    Search Craigslist, under firewood or smoker wood...
    Best of luck, an' Happy Trails!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here