Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood chunk size recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood chunk size recommendation

looking to order my first batch from Fruita and wanted to know of any advantage between the 3" and 2". Other than how long each lasts. To date I have only used big box chunks which are too irregular or have developed an opinion of 2 v 3. Anyone have a preference?

I like the 2" better with Weber kettle/SnS

Comment

That's a fairly new offering from Fruita. I'd say go cheap and get the larger 3" ones, you can hack 'em in half if you need to with a cheap hatchet, or if you're like me for a couple years, the claws of a hammer until the claws break and you finally go buy a hatchet.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd rather have large chunks so I have options. DWCowles

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        #MoreManlyThatWay

Thanks for the replies always find a different angle on atopic. I will go with the 3" can always make them smaller, cannot make them bigger.

Comment

I have moved to almost exclusively larger chunks, I can cut them down if need be.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here