Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Yoder Wichita kiln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Yoder Wichita kiln

Acquired some fresh apple logs, so instead of waiting for it to season naturally (heading into winter), I thought I would do some home drying in my smoker.

Just build your fire like normal, but instead of meat on the grates put your wood there. And best of all you don't have to watch the temps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5821.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	31161

I still think you need a probe in each log!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Pit Boss is going "Leidenfrost effect" on us!!!!!!

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Hah! I wonder how many people you're sending to Google with that comment!

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, when I found out what that was I was soooo ticked for not wondering why the water would do that on a hot pan. It pays to spend some time at Blonder's. And he just had that as a little link.

So let me get this straight. You're burning fuel to get more fuel ready. OK, got it. lol

Looks like you're having a fun night!

Comment

Yes, BUT... I'm burning pine logs, bonfire wood, which as we all know is no good for food. And I have eleventy billion cords of it.

Comment

I think you have enough leaves in the background to do a few briskets, shovel fast!!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          If they had a good flavor I'd be sitting on a goldmine for sure.

That pine doesn't tar up the Yoder?

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
          That pine doesn't tar up the Yoder?
          Not yet, I have to scrape the crud once in a while anyway. I'm sure I'll have to clean it a bit more running pine.

Comment

My question is what are the tongs for? Do you flip the logs ever so often?

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
              My question is what are the tongs for? Do you flip the logs ever so often?
              Those are my burning wood & charcoal handling tongs. And my grate moving tongs.

Comment

Maximize your equipment! Love it.

Comment

Great stuff Huskee!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here