Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokee1962
    commented on 's reply
    To attain the 325 for cooking 3 turkeys I was forced to go to my year old plus dry wood pile.The way my smoker is set up,the greener stuff works great for low and slow.

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    Barry, if you're looking for GA local and don't want to drop $2K, there's a nice budget "Porch Model" reverse flow stickburner from Custom Pits in Watkinsville GA. $850, and it's 5/16" thick steel! It's on casters like your REC TEC.
    Huskee, it looks interesting but, I will have to look at both the Lang and the A-1
    Last edited by Marauderer; October 29, 2014, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    You will love it. I don't use the warming box much but I wanted it just in case. I was like a little kid that just got their first bike when I pick up my Lang...lol

• Marauderer
    replied
    The Lang 36" Deluxe is only $1400 +tax if I pick it up. The Deluxe has the warming box.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Barry the Lang 36 Deluxe to me will be your best bet. I too did a lot of research on stick burners before going with the Lang and I'm glad that I did.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Barry, if you're looking for GA local and don't want to drop $2K, there's a nice budget "Porch Model" reverse flow stickburner from Custom Pits in Watkinsville GA. $850, and it's 5/16" thick steel! It's on casters like your REC TEC.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Go man go! I'm hoping to be right behind ya.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Yes, an EOS. I am looking at the Lang 36" Deluxe real hard. It is made in Georgia and I can pick it up on a day trip. But, I am also looking at the Yoder's, Johnson's, and Meadows Creek's. If you can think of any others I should consider let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Nice! That is no easy choice for sure. Are you going for EOS I assume? Do you want just the barrel, or one that has a barrel and the upright cabinet attached too? Trailer mounted, or will it find a spot and stay there?

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    So you are getting that stick burner? The Missus is OKing it?
    The Missus already approved it.

It is only the funding that is holding me up.

And the fact that I can't make up my mind which one I want to get. That is the next part of the equation that I have to solve.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    So you are getting that stick burner? The Missus is OKing it?

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I have some Yoshino Cherry that I need to split and get ready to burn for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Lol, I would too, I'm not a fan of snakes but I'm not scared of them either. We don't have dangerous snakes here in MI (which is why I love MI). Bees however I am deathly afraid of. You should see me scoot when bees fly at me! I'm glad I don't have neighbors close by or I fear I'd be on Youtube.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee, I cannot tell the difference either with the bark on or off. LOL...you have problems with bees and the problem I have is with snakes. Last time I did a cook I reach for a stick of wood and there was a snake resting on it. Don't know what kind it was to me a snake is a snake. This fat man can move when I need to...LOL

• DWCowles
    replied
    Barry it really depends on the weather (like if its windy you will burn more) and how often you cook with it. I may have used a half of a rick this year.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here