Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slimmer & Longer vs. Fatter & Shorter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Handyfan , I've been using a pump garden sprayer to do my steam cleaning in the winter. it works pretty good.

• Handyfan
    replied
    Thanks to everyone for their advice, on this post and others. With spring (sort of) on the way, I think I'm about to take the plunge. I'm leaning toward the Lone Star Grillz 24"x36". This looks like it'll give me a 24" barrel at a price that's competitive with most 20"ers. Anyone have a Lone Star?

Leave a comment:

• KBQ
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure where that story came from; it's not true. -Bill

• Handyfan
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, the vertical looks like a nice plus. I'm starting to lean that way because the cost is almost the same. Just as a reference, I looked at the pipe specs: if you include the end plates a 24x36 and a 20x48 look pretty close in mass. Still don't know if I want to jockey around an 850# cooker though. I live 6 mos. a year in one place, and the other 6 mos. 3 hours away.

• Handyfan
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, when I started seriously looking at stick burners a few months ago Lang is where I started, and there seem to be a LOT of Lang fans out there. But I think I want to go with a conventional flow cooker. Right now, whenever I need to load up my 22" WSM it's almost ALWAYS a mix of butts & chicken. I really like the idea of having a "cool side" & a "hot side" to work with, especially if I can get some sort of tuning plate arrangement that will let me do it either way. Plus, I got a kick out of Ben Lang's video when he was saying how important it was to "steam clean" your cooker after every use. "Just hose it down". Hey, I lived in GA for 20 years, but now live in Minnesota. There's a lot of things you can do with a hose down there that don't work so well up here from Oct-April. I don't even have outside water most of the year.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    I will never know Ernest I have enough cookers as it is

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    That's because Lang is well known. KBQ is fairly new.
    But once they see the light, they'll come over to the KBQ side. And when you get yours, you'll probably put little monster next to your WSM. HAHAHA,
    BUT seriously, DWCowles , the smoke quality on this thing is just out of this world.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn't say it's the best smoker out there. If it was all of the pro bbqers would own one. Which reminds me I watch all of the Pitmasters shows and never did see a KBQ but I did see a lot of Langs. Hmmmm! Ernest

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    KBQ is far from a set it and forget it smoker. It's the best stick burner out there. Let me rephrase that. It's the best smoker out there. Handyfan

• DWCowles
    replied
    If you're looking for a stickburner I recommend that you check out www.langbbqsmokers.com

Leave a comment:

• Handyfan
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, as an engineer I really appreciate what they're doing with things like the KBQ. But I'm not really looking for "set it and forget it" or to do competitions. I just smoke for family and friends and have been happy with the food that has come off my Big Green Egg & WSM for decades. I'm just looking for a good quality wood burner that I can play with because I want to learn how. Convincing the wife that an expensive piece of equipment that won't produce food much (to her, any) different than what I've been making for years is TRULY necessary . . . hmmm, still working on that.

• Max Good
    replied
    While Karubecue doesn't maintain a warehouse full of smokers, delivery times are still reasonable for this unique, hand made smoker. I'm sure Ernest would agree with me that anyone looking at stick burners should check out the KBQ.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Don't start DWCowles HAHA

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    When are you going to upgrade to the commercial KBQ Ernest

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    DWCowles I'm sure it won't be that long. Bill is on the Pit now. KBQ

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here