Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Source

Saw this on FB yesterday and thought I'd share it since from time time members ask about a resource for wood.

Unmatched Firewood & Cooking Wood Delivered | Cutting Edge Firewood

It looks like amazing wood. I am not sure the value but maybe speaks to the need to source wood locally because internet wood is very expensive.

I thought it was amusing to see Terry Bradshaw as an endorser. Not really a BBQ guy.
    Last edited by STEbbq; August 1, 2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• JayZ
      JayZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Terry Bradshaw just released his own private label bourbon, so clearly he’s getting into lifestyle products ….

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I can buy a bourbon / Bradshaw connection more than wood/BBQ.

They're filling a need for a certain customer base. I fancy this as not necessarily limited to a BBQ wood source, but a "I want some firewood and money is not my biggest concern right now" source.

Comment

Kind of on the expensive side. Nice packaging and slick web sites do cost money though...

Comment

One mans trash is another mans treasure. I have a company that’s supposed to come by and give me a price on hauling off enough oak and pecan to fill at least one semi. They’re anywhere from 1 in diameter to 4 in. From what I’ve read a lot of it would be ideal in a KBQ. I had intended to just have a big fire, but the summer burn ban has gone into effect.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
          Oak Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          It all depends on where you live. We can’t get that wonderful fresh maple syrup as easily as the folks in the north can. We have oak trees, peach trees, and pecan orchards everywhere here. I see the orchards being cleaned of the fallen limbs every few weeks so they can mow. I’m sure anyone who asked could have all they wanted.

• JayZ
          JayZ commented
          Editing a comment
          I could probably get a few guys here in Indiana to go in with me on driving down and picking it up gratis for you …. Assuming it’s still around ….

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          Oak Smoke - I rather have the oak, peach, and pecan wood. I didn't grow up with maple syrup and couldn't care less about it. Now, fresh cane syrup is another thing altogether.

I have found a place in Wichita, KS where I can buy firewood at decent price.
        www.woodchuckfirewood.com. They have a fine selection of Hickory, Apple, pecan and cherry.
        I recommend this company

Comment

These guys are the best...

Comment

Times like this I’m thankful to have a good, local wood supplier. Just a few miles from my house I can pick up a wheelbarrow full of oak splits for $40. And when I say wheelbarrow full…I mean FULL.

Not everyone is as fortunate, so I’m glad these companies exist to serve their needs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here