Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood by mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood by mail

I received my first order of wood chunks by mail. After years of mail-order stuff being packed in styrofoam peanuts, bubble wrap, airbags, corrugated paper, and plain brown paper (and sometimes double-boxing), it was strange to open the box and just see wood. Open box, dump wood in, tape box closed & ship!
    PS: Post oak, from Fruita. Plan to use it for a Costco prime brisket, currently undergoing wet aging in the fridge.
    Attached Files

SmokingPat whereabouts you live here? Have you been to https://thewoodshedoc.com ?

Patty and Colette are the best!

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn - awesome tip. I didn't know about the WoodShed and I'm in need of cooking wood. Road trip next week!

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m due to run over as well!

• SmokingPat
      SmokingPat commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm up the coast in Ventura County. The big box stores in town have satisfied my needs until pellets took over the shelf space. I'll give Woodshed a try next.

I use to order Wood but I got a box in and my back was hurting so I decided to wait until the next day, Well next day the box was missing!?!? Yep somebody stole a box of wood. I bet once they opened it they just dumped it on the side of the road A holes

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch! Karma will git ‘em!

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      GadjetGriller You can have some fun and personal satisfaction. You should fill a box with rocks and send it to your home. Let it sit on porch overnight. "He who laughs last laughs best."

I got their post oak. Good stuff!

Comment

I was/am very pleased with the shipment I got from Fruitawood. Especially good source for stuff like Post Oak that don’t have it readily available around us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here