Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knotty Wood Barbecue Company Almond Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knotty Wood Barbecue Company Almond Pellets

Any experience with Almond pellets from Knotty Wood Barbecue Company? Do your recommend?

Never heard of 'em. For a dollar per pound they better be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Never heard of 'em. For a dollar per pound they better be good.
      I agree they are expensive. I would like to try the flavor. Wondering about how they burn and flavor pairing with meats,

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I've used a bunch of different woods from logs to chunks to chips to pellets. The only time I could ever pick up a distinct flavor is whenever we smoked some sausage with hickory wood chunks the entire smoke. Other than that I ain't got a stinking clue what I used. I load my meat cold, fire things up, and let her rip.

Just ordered two 20lb bags of these pellets. Looking forward to giving them a try in my Traeger.

Comment

I agree with Jerod Broussard 100%. We've debated this and talked about this ad nauseum in other past posts but the bottom line is most pellets are made with blends of wood. Unless my pallet and nose are just turned off, I can't really tell a whole lot of difference between any of them. I even bought some walnut from Barbecues Delight as a smoke enhancer (you use them sparingly other wise risk some toxins) but even that didn't change the taste much at all.

Buy a bag or see if they will sell you a sample but don't be surprised if in a blind taste test you don't see that I am right.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree too. Have you ever tried Bear Mountain's Bold pellets? Those were the only ones that to me actually seemed more bold. Granted, I didn't do extensive A/B testing it was merely anecdotal, but I liked 'em.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here