Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bear Mountain Pellet deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Mountain Pellet deal

Well, I kinda think it is a deal. They are $21.99/20 lbs on Amazon, but you can buy them for $18.99/20 lbs directly from Bear Mountain with FREE SHIPPING. I bought Apple, Cherry, and Pecan and they arrived in good shape today. They look great - let's see how they cook. I'll bet they will work fine.
    If you’re looking to add rich, smoky flavor to your food without using anything artificial, our best wood pellets are from 100% all natural choice hardwoods.

I use them but get them from a local cash & carry called SmartFoods for $10.49/20lbs. bags. They seem to work fine for me so far in my Traeger.

Comment

Love Bear Mountain pellets! Much more readily available on the West Coast. As mentioned above, around $10.49 for 20lbs. Kinda funny though, I just ordered 1 bag on their website tonight with the coupon code of BEAR30 for 30% off 1 bag. It’s a blend I have not yet tried... Bold BBQ Craft Blend... mesquite/hickory/oak... looking forward to it.

Comment

Tractor Supply Company is now carrying Bear Mountain pellets in their stores for $9.99 20# bag. Several varieties are available (apple, oak, hickory, gourmet blend and Jim Beam whiskey barrel pellets). I thought it was a limited sale but it appears to be an every day price. I mainly used Lumberjack pellets but have since changed to Bear Mountain for the price and the ability to pick them up at the store in person. Both are very comparable to each other as far as quality goes.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          thats a decent price, I haven't gone in our TSS for a while I'll have to go check and see if they are carrying those here.

Our local Winn-Dixie stores carry Bear Mountain Sweet and Bold blends ($10.99/20lb with sales for $9.99) Both have done well for me. I have also mixed some of the bold into some B&B Post Oak pellets and enjoyed the results. The bold definitely provides a stronger flavor, likely from the mesquite.
        Last edited by TinyRob; December 23, 2021, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Costco has 33 # for $20, Traeger pellets. The best IMHO.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait.. You think Traeger pellets are the best? Did I miss something?

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            DogFaced PonySoldier "You think Traeger pellets are the best?"
            I use them for PBR---Premier BBQ Review.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, well I'm a bit lost, but that's ok. I've just always heard Traeger were nothing but alder flavored with oils, and most people didn't seem to like them - especially at the price Traeger (used to) charges for them. To each his own. I don't spend money on 'premium' pellets.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here