Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CookinPellets 100% Hickory 31% off at Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CookinPellets 100% Hickory 31% off at Amazon

Hi folks, after reading some extremely educational posts in this channel (thanks glitchy !) I just ordered some no-filler pellets on Amazon from CookinPellets.com. The 40lb 100% Hickory bag is currently on sale at 31% off, and if you're a Prime member, shipping is free. That works out to US$0.90 per pound, delivered. Their Perfect is also at 28% off, $0.95/lb. Not bad! Got a couple on the way now.

Link to Hickory (doesn't credit anybody, it's the straight link)

From that link, you can select one of five varieties, including the Hickory. They have Black Cherry for $0.90/lb as well, figured on the same basis as above.
    Last edited by DaveD; January 22, 2022, 01:57 PM.

That's 26 bones more than I pay for the Sams club pellets in a 40lb bag. If you want Cookin Pellets, you need to group buy a pallet worth or their cost isn't worth it to use regularly.

Never used this site so dunno if it's legit or not but 90 bucks gets you free delivery and the pellets are cheaper than Amazon https://thebbqhq.com/
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; January 22, 2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Chuppy
      Chuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      https://thebbqhq.com/ They won't ship to my zip code? I have no idea what they charge for shipping.

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      They're also sold out on the majority of their items (not casting aspersions, I'm sure they're experiencing similar supply issues as everyone else), and the couple things I checked out that are in stock are not available for shipping at all, the only option is "in store pickup". Will have to wait to try them out.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, (fer me, at least) Pellet Trees isn't Indigenous to my area, so this here could git ¢ost me a dang danged Fortune, lol!

A local bbq supply store here has the CookinPellets in stock always for $35/40lbs. It’s the only brand I use. Worth the money in my mind.

Comment

I actually ordered directly from them on their website. I bought a bag of each blend. With shipping I believe it came out a little cheaper but I think they’re located in Wisconsin and I’m in Illinois so that could explain that. Either way I like them so far.

Comment

I usually buy their 10 bag mix and match deal direct from them. Right now $320 including shipping, but occasionally they have a sale. Of course, you need someplace to storage 10 bags which luckily I have. Each bag arrives in its own box.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve done this a couple times too.

I thought about it. Since we don't have any premium pellets in my area, I'm trying to get a few guys together and make a run down to WI and pick some up.

Comment

The one time ordered Cookin' Pellets from Amazon they sent me a bag of rocks. Then when I wrote a 1 star review, Amazon denied it since I didn't use them. Not kidding.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, a bag of pebbles! The mind boggles. Hopefully I won't have that problem...

Comment

I order pellets off Amazon all the time. Never have an issue. Hard to find good pellets around me so online is the way.

Comment

That Amazon price seems pretty typical, I’ve noticed they’ve changed some things to make everyday prices look cheaper. I’ve been buying them for years from Amazon for $34-40. Yes, they’re not cheap, but 40lb bags delivered to my front door for that, seems pretty reasonable when I’m not ready to buy 10 bags to get a bulk discount.

I had a monthly subscription setup for quite a while, but for some reason it’s no longer available on CookinPellets, at least not Hickory.

Comment

A major Amazon distribution center is growing just a few miles from my house, so we get pretty fast response from them. And in that sense, Amazon IS my local community, no doubt a lot of folks in my area work for them. Those pellets I ordered have already arrived, when the initial estimate was for no sooner than Thursday. The Prime membership pays for itself in just a few weeks' worth of shipping charges for us...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here