Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments on Kingsford and Cuisinart Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on Kingsford and Cuisinart Pellets

My local Wally World and True Value are now carrying Kingsford and Cuisinart pellets. Does anyone have any experience with them? Where would you rank them with the other pellets? Thanks.
    My wife told me that Cabela's has pellets too. Anyone have experience with these also?
    Last edited by Chuppy; November 24, 2021, 07:57 AM. Reason: Adding Cabela's pellets to the conversation.

I tried a couple of bags of the Kingsford. Didn’t like them at all. Tons of ash and they burned really fast. No experience with the Cuisinart.

Comment

• Chuppy
      Chuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the Kingsford tip.

I got a bag of Kingsford for my Grilla OG and didn’t care for them. They seemed to burn fast like Jfrosty27 said.

I’ve been buying Lumber Jack pellets at Rural King or Bear Mountain pellets at Tractor Supply and am pleased with both of them. They are both under $10 for a 20 lb. bag.

Comment

• Chuppy
      Chuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I own a Silverbac.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Bear Mountain too.

• rlozinak
      rlozinak commented
      Editing a comment
      I like lumberjack pellets

The cuisinart stuff seemed pretty decent. Oddly the Walmart brand pellets are a great performing pellet for cheap. I think it's Expert Grill

Comment

• Chuppy
      Chuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

Cabela's sells their own brand of pellets and an online thread says they're made by Lumber Jack. Oddly enough I have a ton of Cabela's points and they're in the $.50/lb range. Has anyone tried Cabela's pellets or can verify their manufacturer?

Comment

Not with those two. But I used pit boss, not anymore. Now I only use Traeger pellets in my Traeger.

Comment

I’ve only used Grilla’s brand which I hear are made by lumberjack, Bear Mountain and Traeger with Bear Mountain being the most often used. Not interested in Cuisinart or Kingsford brand.

Comment

I have experimented with several brands Kingsford included and continue to find my way back to Lumberjack and Bear Mountain. Tractor supply sells Bear Mountain for $9 and Dick's has Lumberjack for $15. For me I find that my pellet grill in smoke mode performs better with Lumberjack while at higher temperature cooks Bear Mountain does well.

Comment

Assuming Cabela's is the same as Lumber Jack, their price is a deal at $10 per 20 pound bag. Buy more than 5 and get free shipping.

Comment

I tried some Kingsford pellets about a year or so ago. Two 20 pound bags. Didn’t like them at all. They burned really fast and left a enormous amount of ash. I went back to Cookin’ Pellets brand.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here