Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your propane refills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually get mine refilled at TSC. They charge by the gallon and their prices are reasonable. Filed 2 standard tanks for about $22.

Comment

Definitely refill instead of the exchange. The Americas exchanges only give you 15lbs in a 20 lb tank.

Comment

I save big money at Menard's. It's like $18 including the tax. Something like $15.99 before. Cheapest in northside Chicago.

Comment

Costco here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. 20lb tank between $6 - 7 🇨🇦 Canadian, so probably a buck or two in American dollars! Lol

Comment

BJ's is where I usually go, though some U-haul locations refill tanks too. Much cheaper to refill than exchange. Keep in mind some refill places care about the date of manufacture of your tank. If that is a problem exchange your tank but insist they look and find a relatively new one to give you and then you have a newer tank you can get refilled.

Comment

We have Tractor Supply stores around central FL and it cost me $26 to fill two empty tanks this weekend.

Comment

Usually Home Depot. Close to me and I always need something else there!

Comment

Cynch - they deliver tank exchange for the same price as exchanges at 7/11, CVS, Home Depot, etc. Yes, its only 15 pounds and more expensive than a refill. The closest refill place to me is 18 miles away and takes 1/2 hour each way. The saving is about the price of a rib-eye, I'll live with it.

Comment

Usually, I refill at Uhaul or Ace Hardware.
                    Last edited by Attjack; June 29, 2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Southern States or Menards in my area.

Comment

We have several local places where we get ours filled so I do not exchange.

Comment

I refill at the local U Haul.

Comment

A local "propane guy". He sells propane & hunting blinds. He fills em also.
                            Fox Valley Propane LLC a local, family owned binness.
                            Last edited by FireMan; June 29, 2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                              ComfortablyNumb commented
                              Editing a comment
                              How much to fill a hunting blind?

bump

Comment

Awesome to see a 4 year old thread resurrected and replied to!

I refill at Costco for about $7 for a full 20 pound fill. For exchanges - which are just 15 pounds - Walmart here has the best deal at $14.99.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here