Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biomass Cubes Got Wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biomass Cubes Got Wet

Hey y’all, so our predicted rain happened sooner rather than later and my bag of cubes got a little bath. As you can see, they are air drying on a sheet pan with a rack. Will they still be good to go?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1547121

I am not sure. I like to use a torch for my stuff. However, If you put them in the oven at like 200 F or warm, it will help to dry them out. Just keep an eye on it. 200 F is way below combustion point, so it should be fine to help you dry them out. Or keep them on the rack and lay them out in that wonderful California sun!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      No sun for a week or so according to weather channel app…… 🌧️ ☔️ 🌧️ ☔️

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw on my weather app that y’all get your very own atmospheric river next week. You might want to dust off your rain boots.

What the hell’s an ass cube?…….😳😳
    Last edited by Panhead John; February 1, 2024, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude…. 😝😝😝

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      It's when you multiply the width, height, and depth of someone's ass.

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John I’m not sure but it’s going to smell bad when you burn it.

I believe they are just vegetable wax and wood product. The water shouldn't hurt the vegetable wax (which may protect the wood from absorbing water) and, as long as the heat in the oven is not too high to melt the wax, they should stay intact. As to the definition and measurements above, I will stay out of that one.

Comment

If they are moisture resistant, it would probably say so on the packaging. I've seen that on some of the fire starters I use.

Comment

I use those all the time. Spread em on some paper towels n let them air dry. The oven might screw up the wax/sawdust composition. They should be fine.

Comment

Setting them on fire should dry them out.

I'll show myself out now...

Comment

I know - what's the deal with water falling from the sky, right?
            I have some similar firestarters that got wet and were fine. 1 of 2 things will happen - either they have some sort of soluble matter in them that will cause them to fall apart when they dry, or they will be fine. You won't know until they dry.

Comment

My wax-based starters have gotten wet and burned just fine. I hope yours will too. Light 'em with a torch and see how it goes. Let us know.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here