Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond brand fire starters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond brand fire starters

I was in Home Depot yesterday and found these. I have not seen them before, so I thought I'd give 'em a try. That will happen tonight and I will report. The idea is that one end of each piece is coated with match material and there is a striker strip on the box. So ya just light the starter like a match and it's ready to go.

I normally use the gas assist on my Performer, but I lost about a half a tank of gas - second time. I don't understand why because it was very difficult to turn the valve on the Performer, so I know it was shut . At any rate, I'll probably start using the valve on the tank for on/off instead of the valve on the Performer.

Almost forgot - $15 for 48.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220528_134016[1].jpg
Views:	216
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1228179

Name:	20220528_134025[1].jpg
Views:	218
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1228180

I only use them in the wood burning stove we use to heat the house, but I would think they would work fine lighting wood in an offset. The length will make them hard to use if you are using a charcoal chimney to start charcoal.

Comment

I've found that they're fine in still weather but they blow out easily if there's any sort of breeze. If that happens, you can always light them with a match, but that sorta defeats the purpose.

Comment

It worked well. I noted the time when I added the charcoal, but forgot to look at the time when I put the chicken on.

Name:	20220529_165705[1].jpg
Views:	180
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1228680

Tongs for size comparison.

Name:	20220529_165754[1].jpg
Views:	174
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1228681

Decent flame.

Name:	20220529_165905[1].jpg
Views:	169
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1228682

Comment

Never seen those around here but I admit I've never looked for them, Zip Brand starter cubes seem to be king in this area.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here